DBW pedal Construction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
Picked up a bunch of parts for an LS swap that I won’t be doing anytime soon but was out in the garage and decided to to some modding.

I started with a DBW adjustable pedal from an 03 Yukon. While I was at the yard I also pulled a spare pedal from a 90 Sierra so I didn’t have to cut up mine haha
You must be registered for see images attach

I then laid them out and marked where I wanted to cut them

Cuts were made

Last edited:

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
After cutting I drilled a 3/8” hole in the bottom of the DBW pedal and slid in the original pedal.

Now once I figure out the mounting inside the cab (looks like I’ll just line up the bottom hole and drill out the upper two) I will weld it into its final postion. I’ll update this when I get to that point but it probably won’t be for a long time lol

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wonder if you could just use the pedal from a Topkick and have it bolt into place. The L21 454 was dbw.

Jwalk3r

Reaction score
I wonder if you could just use the pedal from a Topkick and have it bolt into place. The L21 454 was dbw.

You probably can I’ve also seen people using the DBW pedal from one of the 6.5 trucks but you have to repin a few of the wires.
I’m fairly certain this pedal won’t be an issue to bolt in though and the price was right for it

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I modified an 05 truck pedal for my swap. Works excellent and feels perfect. Plus the 05 bracket bolted to two of the original holes, only had to drill 1 more

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pic

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pic

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would have simply used a 6.5 pedal. I squirrelled the one away from my flipper truck that I converted to gas, but it's unlikely I'll ever run DBW since the GenIV stuff is so damned pricey.