Day time running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife pulled into the drive today, and I noticed the day time running lights were not on. Had the Chevy since 1996, they only go off when the parking brake is engaged, right? All lights working front and back, red dash brake light comes on when parking brake is engaged. Thoughts?

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does DRL mean daytime running lights? If it is, my wife just got one up on me (pointing that out) And she is in command of the garden and dogs. Pulled the fuse (15) and did a continuity test with my DMM, all good. No OEM fog lights in the 1996 ($!). Lights drawing heavy watts, have relays. So where is this one I ask? It is not in my C/K 1500 manual or Hanes. Did not see the relay in the engine bay, do I have to get these old bones under the steering column? And that is why I have home brew.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
DRL relay is in the convenience center behind the parking brake pedal, it'll be the rectangular relay to the left of the flasher unit.

And yes, DRL = Daytime Running Lights.

Last edited:

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you live in a place that requires it? I pulled the fuse on mine but the green light still operates.

Does it say it's on? Probably. With my 4 high and low beam mods my drls would be bright as hell and I dont want my headlights on all the time.

It could simply be the fuse in the end of the dash.

Al