DashCommand and PID not displaying CMP Offset retard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After reading of a few users having success with this, I purchased the Dashcommand obd2 app and bought the additional PID for my 1999 Tahoe 5.7.

When I go to the pid page and add CMP offset for my truck it just will not work or display any data.

Does anybody know the steps to do this correctly? Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try adding it again, mine works fine.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try adding it again, mine works fine.

I've actually tried to add and delete it a few times but no luck, I can't get the green light on the specific setting.

Did you add additional vehicle specifics in the setup other than make, model, year, engine?

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe my obd2 adapter is the problem. Which one do you use?

Jcauli82

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking maybe just delete the app and redownload it....... I have that same OBD2 box and it's pretty solid as far as I can tell

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Turbokat

Reaction score
Many cheap obd2 adapters doesn't read CMP. I use the bafx one myself with no problems but the really cheap ebay ones doesn't read cmp and is updating really slow

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep it was the darn obd2 adapter! I bought a Veepak one from Amazon and it worked great, my CMP was at 2.5 so I'll be adjusting that tomorrow.

On another note, I installed a new distributor cap and rotor but now my truck is very slow off the line and almost hesitates at first but then it runs fine once I'm above 10mph.

I thought the CMP offset being off was going to be the cause of this but since it's only at 2.5 degrees then I'd say that the hesitation is from something else. I did remove the entire distributor and replaced the gear on it. Can it be that I put it back in off a tooth or two?

Would the truck run rough at take-off but fine at higher speeds even if I put the distributor back in in the wrong position? :eek:

Last edited: