Dash swap wiring help/info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You should be able to use the Tahoe harness but you will have to change a few things around. For example the brake light wiring to the connector under the column is different. You will want to consult the FSM for each truck. They are available for download through links on this site if you search.

baggedlongbed

Reaction score
youll find that one harness the issue. the different yhears, and cab configuration substantially change it. get both year manuals. do not get the haynes or chiltons. it has to be gm factorry service manual. it will tell you the different configurations. not trying to nitpick you, just saying its not as cut and dry as you think. some of the early year stuff had power and ground leads going to the passenger side firewall connector that later years did not. it literally changes all of the wiring. it looks subtle on the surface, but its not, it changes the cross chassis harness, and a lot of little things. and if one vehicle was c60/c59 and the other was c68 with auxillary you just opened a huge can of worms. trust me on this. get both manuals and study them before you start cutting wires brother. id hate to see you turn the donor harness into scrap by being overzealous.
I really appreciate the heads up on all the little things . Im going to try and find the cross body harness that goes with my truck so I can try and avoid all of the headaches. If I can keep the power windows and locks awesome if not I'll just wire up some aftermarket actuators and switches for the locks and deal with manual windows unless I find a good aftermarket kit which Ive yet to find any I really like. I just need to get this truck moving forward and not spending weeks or more doing all kinds of wiring would be super useful.