Dash replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
There's no way to pull the dash without unscrewing the harness on the outside fire wall.And 95 wiring is different from 96-99 so u will need to Swap wiring in the dash.

I have pulled them without removing the harness through the firewall. It is way easier to pull em with the hvac ducting and wiringharness in place as some of the harness to dash clips are a pain to reach/disconnect

You must be registered for see images attach

The whole dash harness is hard to see but it still attached to the firewall bulkhead connector

98k1500on35s

Reaction score
ok sorry to kind of thread jack but i am looking to get an answer to a question. I'm a mild DUMB ASS! I tried to power window swap my 98 Cheyenne and idk what I did wrong but now my horn is going off and i cant make it stop. i am assuming i did a splice repin wrong and I have a 98 Yukon and my 98 Cheyenne could i pull the dash harness out of the yukon and put it into my Cheyenne. the yukon has fully loaded power everything. I know there will be harness differences for the power windows not oo worried about having them anymore i just want my horn to stop going off

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The horn relay is energized (grounded) when either the horn is pressed or by the keyless entry module. These are for a 98, maybe it will help track down the issue.

Relay location:

Keyless entry/door lock module:

Keyless entry diagrams, circuit 28 is the horn feed to ground:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

greenhornet-1

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but do any of you know if a dash from a 96 will work in a 98? My 98 is cracked all over the place and i found a 96 that looks good.. Thanks!!!

I figured it out. Mine has an air bag on the Rt. 96 doesn't..

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking about fitment or electronics? Also your fine deleting an airbag?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but do any of you know if a dash from a 96 will work in a 98? My 98 is cracked all over the place and i found a 96 that looks good.. Thanks!!!
The 95-96 dash shell will fit fine, just be sure you get the A/C ductwork that goes inside the dash as it is a little different than 97-up. You'll have to unbolt the passenger airbag bracket from the firewall, too.

Richard

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good write up. I pulled the dash on a 98 3500HD, don’t remember having to drill or hammer any rivets to get off. I did it in the yard when was lil cool out, and since I was gonna swap dashes I pulled wiring too. It’s not too bad a job, but need to be a contortionist getting the some stuff. I need to do this on my Tahoe, going from tan to grey interior, have it all but the dash...