Dash replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk

Reaction score
Pictures don’t show up for me for some reason, but sorry to hear it wasn’t quite what you expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the best way to insert pictures? From my gmail isn't working?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use a photo hosting service (photobucket used to be free and commonly used) but there are probably others. I use an app called Tapatalk which allows you to post them.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
What is the best way to insert pictures? From my gmail isn't working?

Go here, click "New Post" (the green button on top of page), upload picture and copy the image address over here. I use nothing but Imgur for all my forum picture hosting needs. I've loved it for the past six(?) years.

Kirk

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
The dash wasn't what I expected. The defrost screw mounts and defrost grill were all cracked. Note the pocket knife in the center mount. XPS delivered it in just a box.
You must be registered for see images

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,I know this is an old thread,but it really helped me when I replaced the dash in my truck.Probably wouldn't even have attempted the swap had i not had the info posted here.And no my old K1500 is so quiet I can hear that the drivers door ain't properly adjusted,the seat are loose,
and all the other noises these trucks are (in)famous for!

The only real PITA in swapping the dash was the wiring harness,and the air ducting.I had to loosen the wiring from the firewall to have enough slack to secure it to the dash;I believe the OP said he didn't mess with the wiring block on the firewall.Has anyone else done this swap and not messed with the wiring?How did you get away with that?

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's no way to pull the dash without unscrewing the harness on the outside fire wall.And 95 wiring is different from 96-99 so u will need to Swap wiring in the dash.

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,it's a done deal.I was just wondering how other folks did theirs.My truck is a 98,and the dash I swapped in was a 98 so no worries there,and hopefully I'll never have to do it again.

Dre319

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had all the front end replaced. New crate motor and a rebuilt trans. Just the damn dash!