Dash replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
What is needed to install a 97+ dash into a 95 truck?

I'm not sure. As far as I know everything should bolt in assuming you don't want to run the passenger side airbag (which would presumably be complicated). The gauges/HVAC would be different but I'm guessing if you leave the 95 wiring in place and run it through the guts of the 97+ dash (rather than pulling the wiring when you pull the dash) there shouldn't be a problem. However I've never done the swap so I can't say for sure.

I personally prefer the 95-96 style dash over the 97+. I think the pass. airbag (or airbag delete pocket) is too bulky and gets in the way. IMO.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
What is needed to install a 97+ dash into a 95 truck?

I know this is an old post, but I'll reply just for future reference. I have a 99 Burb dash in my 95 Silvy.

You will need the upper HVAC ductwork from the 97+ dash. You will loose the passenger side airbag; you can either find an airbag-delete pocket from an HD-truck, or you can remove the front cover from the airbag and attach it to the hole in the dash. You will have to swap your 95-96 wiring over to the 97+ dash. The 95-96 wiring will not run over the passenger airbag space like the 97+ wiring does, but you can easily zip-tie the wiring conduit to the metal frame between the glovebox and airbag.

Good news too: this swap makes it a shiiiit ton easier to reach the blower motor resistor.

Kirk

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Kirk

Reaction score
Hi Bluenoser! there's a guy on eBay selling these fiberglass skins. Anybody see this? I have a 98 C3500 crew cab. Wonder if they will work. I contacted the seller and said they were made locally. Not sure where but in the US. So I'm thinking taking the dash assembly out then changing the skins?

Kirk

Reaction score
Hi Bluenoser! there's a guy on eBay selling these fiberglass skins. Anybody see this? I have a 98 C3500 crew cab. Wonder if they will work. I contacted the seller and said they were made locally. Not sure where but in the US. So I'm thinking taking the dash assembly out then changing the skins?
_dsc4036_zps6e0ce0f8-jpg.119252

Or at this point I should be able to swap them?

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got mine for 50 as u see it

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kirk

Reaction score
O man you really lucked out! Exactly what I need same tan color and all. Where did you find it?

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a guy that was parting out his truck that was crashed on Facebook market place I messaged him said 50 so I went and pulled it

Kirk

Reaction score
So you unplugged the fuse box and pulled the whole thing....
How many bolts to the firewall? That's the way to do it.
Good job!

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's the 3 on top 2 in the glove box facing up on the 97+ one on each pivot end then the ones where the steering column is and the 1 on the firewall plug into engine compartment.. still need to swap it out haven't had time too lol