Dash replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d agree, it takes maybe five or ten minutes to unbolt the box once the dash is out which itself takes maybe an hour or two. You can then replace the dampers which are probably leaking air by now and have a decent system by 90s standards at least.

Here’s a link to a dash replacement when I did my 98, maybe it will help. My two cents: pull the dash and it’ll be easier than cutting the box apart and trying to re-seal it.

Last edited:

Mdare35

Reaction score
Yeah either way I think I'm going to need several days to take it off the road and I'd prefer to clean it out. I'm off this week between christmas and new years but need all my vehicles up and running. My daughter has one at college right now but she's thinking of doing a study abroad so I'll probably wait till then, But thanks for these pics, they will help a lot!

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure it is riveted to the dash plastic. The dash can be removed without popping the rivets off and leaving the bar in place attached to the dash.

On the evaporator core, one of the top screws goes through a small bracket inside the box and holds the line in place. If you’re cutting the box apart to slide the core out, keep an eye out for it.

You must be registered for see images attach
i've just did this job and didn't pay attention to secure the tube with this clamp. is it very crucial?o_O

Last edited:

Roland k2500

Reaction score
I just finished doing the dash swap also on my 1998 k2500.
I need help with this plug if anyone has seen and knows where it plugs to
Thanks in advance

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished doing the dash swap also on my 1998 k2500.
I need help with this plug if anyone has seen and knows where it plugs to
Thanks in advance
That connector, C271, is for roof lamps, automatic day/night rearview mirror with compass, and sunshade mirror lamps.

Service manual refers to the connector's location as "IP harness to Roof Lamp & Mirror harness".

The mating connector would be along the firewall after coming down from the driver's side A-pillar.

If you don't have the mating connector along the firewall, the just leave the dash connector unplugged.

Last edited: