Dash fitment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShaneM

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just disconnect the module under the driver seat if the light becomes an issue. Or pull the Bulb from the cluster. Yeah that latter idea would be easier lol
yeah, but then I won’t know if there is a legit airbag issue with the driver side right? I’d prefer to try to trick the computer into thinking the passenger airbag is there when it’s not. I’m really psyched I found a dash in such good condition but I’m not sure I want to ditch the airbag, especially with kids and stuff.

ShaneM

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, sort of. No need to disconnect wiring or brake cable. You’re loosening the hinge pivot nuts (which have been changed somehow), the two nuts above the steering column (that go through the thin metal bracket) and the two nuts under the passenger airbag. Plus the three at the top of the dash - those pin the dash and air duct to the framework in the body to hold the top of the dash up.

So with all those loosened, the whole dash should try to rotate down a little. You’ll just push it forward closer to the windshield and then retighten everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked! The three screws at the top of the dash near the glass were really hard to get out (tough angle) and now I can’t really get them back in. And that little 10mm bolt that was sheared off, I tried for an hour to get out but was not successful. I used a small clamp to bring things together there which seemed to have worked. Maybe some day I’ll come back and actually get that screw out. But the gap is much smaller now and the door sensors now close in the right spot. Thanks!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear, thanks for the update. On those top three screws, they go into threaded clips that can slide around. You might be able to slide them back into position with a pick.

These things...

You must be registered for see images attach

ShaneM

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear, thanks for the update. On those top three screws, they go into threaded clips that can slide around. You might be able to slide them back into position with a pick.

These things...

You must be registered for see images attach

thanks! The dash is cracked all to hell. Once I started loosening it up it’s worse than I thought. Someone had tried to use hot glue to (I presume) stop the squeaking but the glue doesn’t seem to work great. I have a carpet cover on order, and I was thinking about filling a long tubular plastic bag with lead, and putting that under the carpet up by the glass. It will help hold down the dash but also deaden the squeaks. But ideally the screws would go in because they do help a little.