Dash covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the coverlay in my 98 and it looks good. Used one in a 78 Malibu as well and it looked like it belonged there. On either of these vehicles no cutting or trimming was required, took maybe 15-20 minutes to glue and install.
Only thing to mention is, if you have a bad defroster vent that is cracked it will not hide that area, but you can come up with some material and mount/glue to the cover cap before you install and it will look decent. I used a cross hatched mess material and painted it the correct color to match dash cap and it looks presentable .
I also bought their coverlay door panels and they are quality and look very good as well.

@Oldblue98

Picked up this 98 for my son, the dash has a “few” issues. Does the coverlay have a strong front edge for clipping the instrument cluster bezel in? As-is, the existing attachment points are gone and seem to crumble if you look at them wrong.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s pretty rough! I’m hoping that the coverlay is strong enough to clip to but not holding my breath.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man. I thought mine was bad lol. Makes it easy to fish wires lol also ever tried flex seal? I'm just kidding btw. If you wanna keep that dash I would reinforce it. The cover I got from lmc is a flimsy plastic. But i wouldn't rely on it to just be the only thing covering or protecting the hole. Also would heat effect the electronics if the only thing protecting it was the thin plastic?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I don't think the heat has much effect on the radio.. Hell if the things can survive in a truck that lives outside in Texas, lol

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the coverlay wouldn’t give anything for the bezel to grab hold of?

On the plus side, if anyone wanted to swipe the radio they could just lift it right out.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No because the bezel has metal tabs that slide into the slots on the dash. The cover just lays on the dash. It doesn't overlay the slots

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. Guess this thing is getting swapped out when I can find a donor dash.