Dash covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You have sold me. Thank you!!!!

It looks like the cutouts on the sides are slightly off. Is that in the cover, or has the dash shifter around enough to make the cover not fit the whole way down?

And i love what you did with the vents. Perfect!
Lastly, thanks for the sem link. Hadnt found that, and itll be far cheaper and easier to use that than buy all the cans of gray till i find tbe right one.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have sold me. Thank you!!!!

It looks like the cutouts on the sides are slightly off. Is that in the cover, or has the dash shifter around enough to make the cover not fit the whole way down?

And i love what you did with the vents. Perfect!
Lastly, thanks for the sem link. Hadnt found that, and itll be far cheaper and easier to use that than buy all the cans of gray till i find tbe right one.
I think the cutouts will depend on how bad the dash is, mine was warped and cracked pretty bad, and did not push down far enough. I had spoke with a rep at coverlay and told them if they really wanted to make money off of these trucks they should make a clip in defroster vent for the cover or make them with slotted vents because usually vents are as bad as dash if dash is heat cracked.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My issue is the dash is cracked to the point that my face/ bezel wobbles around while driving...
assuming we all will have that problem eventually when cracks show I’d opt to replace mine (dash) and keep the soft cover on her

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My issue is the dash is cracked to the point that my face/ bezel wobbles around while driving...
assuming we all will have that problem eventually when cracks show I’d opt to replace mine (dash) and keep the soft cover on her
I agree, and they are getting harder and harder to find in good used condition. Hopefully someday someone will start re-popping things for these trucks. The problem in Florida is when you find used they are as bad as what you have, and if you find one for sale out of state the price of the dash and shipping is killer.. If you can find someone willing to ship.
If they were available new I would have done bit the bullet and bought one. It is a lot of work to do if the one you are putting in is less than jam up condition.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a fair amount on eBay that don’t look cracked to hell, looks like they average $300-700 shipped, though.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/132615759146

For those with the 95+, the one thing I would do is remove or flatten the dash bezel clip that fits into the dash to the right of the driver vent. The dash has a backwards “c” shaped portion that the clip goes into. That clip spreads that dash portion apart, causing the crack right where the bezel meets the dash. Mine has a hairline crack where the clip put stress on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect timing for this thread. I stumbled across this place (Mtz International Collision Parts) out of Hidalgo Tx a few months ago. I'm currently speaking with the owner himself (Sam), real nice guy, that reproduces these out of fiberglass. I have a '95 that I'm about to replace as well and I wanted to ask a couple of technical questions about installation.

I'm being told that these are complete replacements, not an overlay or cap. Sam/owner did tell me that they install much like an original with a little bit of thought. Though he's never installed one but sells many to body shops around as these are not currently produced by anyone.

Being made out of fiberglass, they will last forever. I just sent him pics of mine via cell phone directly to his cell. As he wants to make sure we're on the same page on what my dash is and the year I have.

I believe the price is right around $250. Not bad considering it's a complete replacement.

I've attached a couple of pics he emailed me for the 95 dash as well as his ebay link for a 1996-1998 cover. Check it out for an idea of what they are.

1996-1998 Chevy Silverado Dash Dashboard Made Of Fiberglass NEW 25137

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s interesting. How do they attach...do you somehow cut the top half off of the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect timing for this thread. I stumbled across this place (Mtz International Collision Parts) out of Hidalgo Tx a few months ago. I'm currently speaking with the owner himself (Sam), real nice guy, that reproduces these out of fiberglass. I have a '95 that I'm about to replace as well and I wanted to ask a couple of technical questions about installation.

I'm being told that these are complete replacements, not an overlay or cap. Sam/owner did tell me that they install much like an original with a little bit of thought. Though he's never installed one but sells many to body shops around as these are not currently produced by anyone.

Being made out of fiberglass, they will last forever. I just sent him pics of mine via cell phone directly to his cell. As he wants to make sure we're on the same page on what my dash is and the year I have.

I believe the price is right around $250. Not bad considering it's a complete replacement.

I've attached a couple of pics he emailed me for the 95 dash as well as his ebay link for a 1996-1998 cover. Check it out for an idea of what they are.

1996-1998 Chevy Silverado Dash Dashboard Made Of Fiberglass NEW 25137

That is interesting, almost looks like a cover with a defrost vent in it, I see there is no pre drilled holes where it screws in at the defroster. Going to check into it more .. Thanks

Last edited:

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you get that Steering wheel overlay thing? Looks good.
Bought it many many years ago when the lowering was done, it and the Isky tail light covers , roll pan etc. I have not seen them in a long time. It was a JC Whitney accessory