Dash covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The dash in my 95 is junk. Very weathered and cracked in a bunch of places.

I see they make dash caps for these. Ive used some in the past (vintage mopar, corvette, and 280z) and with proper installation and prep, they worked well. Im taking about the hard plastic ones you glue down. Not fabric.

However, i cant seem to find anything specific to these trucks as far as reviews go. I will say that my Google ability sucks, though.

So, who has used them? What vendor/brand did you go with? And good close ups of fitment/issues/ugly spots?

I'll be honest, I'd much rather swap in a mint dash than do this, but they are rarer than an honest politician around here. I guess the sun and temperature swings down here just wreck them. So this is my only feasible option.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

I see they make dash caps for these. Ive used some in the past (vintage mopar, corvette, and 280z) and with proper installation and prep, they worked well. Im taking about the hard plastic ones you glue down. Not fabric.

However, i cant seem to find anything specific to these trucks as far as reviews go. I will say that my Google ability sucks, though.

So, who has used them? What vendor/brand did you go with? And good close ups of fitment/issues/ugly spots?

I'll be honest, I'd much rather swap in a mint dash than do this, but they are rarer than an honest politician around here. I guess the sun and temperature swings down here just wreck them. So this is my only feasible option.

I bought one recently for a 93, different dash style than your 95. Got it directly from Coverlay, the color matches pretty nice and is a decent fit. Requires a bit of utility knife trimming in some places to get it snug. Looks a lot better than 25 year old cracked GM plastic.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the coverlay in my 98 and it looks good. Used one in a 78 Malibu as well and it looked like it belonged there. On either of these vehicles no cutting or trimming was required, took maybe 15-20 minutes to glue and install.
Only thing to mention is, if you have a bad defroster vent that is cracked it will not hide that area, but you can come up with some material and mount/glue to the cover cap before you install and it will look decent. I used a cross hatched mess material and painted it the correct color to match dash cap and it looks presentable .
I also bought their coverlay door panels and they are quality and look very good as well.

Last edited:

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Used dash in good shape seem to be going for 400-600 bucks, same problem here most you would find in junk yard has the same problem and worse .

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used the coverlay in my 98 and it looks good. Used one in a 78 Malibu as well and it looked like it belonged there. On either of these vehicles no cutting or trimming was required, took maybe 15-20 minutes to glue and install.
Only thing to mention is, if you have a bad defroster vent that is cracked it will not hide that area, but you can come up with some material and mount/glue to the cover cap before you install and it will look decent. I used a cross hatched mess material and painted it the correct color to match dash cap and it looks presentable .
I also bought their coverlay door panels and they are quality and look very good as well.

Do you have some pictures of the truck install?

My defrost vent is essentially an open hole...

Sounds like the coverlay is the way to go. Best thing, available locally for 139!

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have some pictures of the truck install?

My defrost vent is essentially an open hole...

Sounds like the coverlay is the way to go. Best thing, available locally for 139!
That is a good price. I will try to get you pics today of mine, I do not have any on hand

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a good price. I will try to get you pics today of mine, I do not have any on hand
You're awesome. Thanks!

Npd sells the coverlay, and their warehouse is about 30 miles from my shop. The price is for an undyed piece, but i had planned to redye the interior already so all the plastics match in color. Just need to find the correct sem color for the gray.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're awesome. Thanks!

Npd sells the coverlay, and their warehouse is about 30 miles from my shop. The price is for an undyed piece, but i had planned to redye the interior already so all the plastics match in color. Just need to find the correct sem color for the gray.
You must be registered for see images attach