Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So a bit of an update if you can call it one. The last thing to do on it to put it on the road is finish the exhaust.

I also got a stack of free new parts that were in a Beetle that was traded in.

Cross drilled and slotted front rotors
New front pads
New air filter
10qts of oil(5w40,10w40)
Few oil filters

I also have to install my wideband(innovate LC-1), and temporary boost gauge(glowshift). I am glad to be close to driving it to work out any kinks.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So a bit of an update if you can call it one. The last thing to do on it to put it on the road is finish the exhaust.

I also got a stack of free new parts that were in a Beetle that was traded in.

Cross drilled and slotted front rotors
New front pads
New air filter
10qts of oil(5w40,10w40)
Few oil filters

I also have to install my wideband(innovate LC-1), and temporary boost gauge(glowshift). I am glad to be close to driving it to work out any kinks.

Free stuff that you can use is always cool!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

10mo later and it's on the road, still have a bit of things to do, but it is moble. The check engine light is only on for the non tuned out rear o2.

Still have to:

Paint side and rear moldings to match the front
Install lower valance
Reinstall some interior bits
Wire in my LC-1 wideband
Install my boost gauge
Secure the exhaust heat shields with some self tappers
Figure out which DS turn signal doesn't work

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I've put almost 115miles on it, and have only used 1/4 tank. I have new lower control arms and sway bar end links that should be here Tuesday. The bushings in my LCA's are shot, and I am getting a metallic tingging over bumps. In the second picture you can see the wheel being too far forward.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well I put a grand total of like 500-600 miles on it and it broke lol. The welded counterweight on the flexplate broke and is hitting the case.

I have all the parts for it but with Fall coming and then the stupid snow. I probably won't tear into it til spring.

I did manage to paint the moldings black to match the front to kinda break up the green. Bought a boost gauge and have my wideband to install too. I did also find a 04-05 tan center console(has cup holders) and I can eliminate the in dash ones. I also have a new muffler to have welded on too and will have the whole exhaust welded together instead of clamps.

I am debating getting the windows tinted with Ceramic Tint(35%) or something. I just don't want dark tint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230923_203616_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230923_203616_Facebook.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230821_184747.jpg
    20230821_184747.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230813_175458.jpg
    20230813_175458.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 8

Steve Addy

Reaction score
You mean like this?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or this?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah I've heard the same, I think they call it 'snaps and pops' or something close. I'm waiting for the vid of the guy whose exhaust blows apart cuz of too much snap n pop action.

As for the Jetta, 1.8T is better than 2.0T that came after, and it looks pretty decent too.

We took in a 2004 (Mk4) Jetta TDI a while back, has the BEW engine, it runs fine but the AT is a bit iffy. Unfortunately the prior owner jumped title so we can't resell it...otherwise I'd be buying it.

Steve