Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Redid valve cover, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coil harness, changed the air filter, and a few other small things.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also ordered the OEM upgraded diverter valve(recirculation valve) which will allow me to run a stage 1+ tune which is a +51hp/+65ftlbs. Resulting in a very fun car.

Since the OEM Trans is a weak point too I will be possibly considering a DSG(dual clutch shiftable automatic) swap. Which can be tuned and is one of VW's best designed transmissions.

Is the divertor vlsve the box on the upper right? Clean valve covers are always nice.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Very cool. I assume they need to be disassbeled and cleaned/re-lubed more often. What's the timeline on that?
Self lubricating brass is used with this kit. But I will check them every other oil change.
Is the divertor vlsve the box on the upper right? Clean valve covers are always nice.
Nope it's not in the picture but it goes jn the intake tube that the air filter box is attached to.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score

Fixing oil leaks, deleting emissions ****, replacing plastic coolant flanges. Still a decent amount to do, replace the belt, fill coolant,drain and fill oil, replace the exhaust, do the brakes, repair surface rust on fenders and paint the hood when I get it. I also need to line up getting my tune done but that is down the road.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Self lubricating brass is used with this kit. But I will check them every other oil change.

Nope it's not in the picture but it goes jn the intake tube that the air filter box is attached to.
No vent to atmosphere? I put a traditional BOV on the intake of the 535i that I had, I like the pssshhhhh noise....

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Cleaned my intake, and will be replacing my injector seals and the TB gasket. I have a connector body for the knock sensor. And I should be able to put it all back together.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Things are getting closer. The engine bay is wrapped back up. I need to drain and fill the oil and bleed the cooling system but it's back in one cohesive unit.

Next is brakes, and putting the new exhaust on. Then the final steps is new hood, grille, door panels, tires, and other little bits.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Well I got the front brakes done and while putting the rear brakes back together broke the LH rear brake hose,so I am replacing both LH and RH brake hoses.

My wheels are getting sandblasted and I should have them back and ready for paint this upcoming week. They will be "metallic aluminum" in color now instead of black.

Picking up my body panels and a bunch of other stuff next weekend as well as seeing my grandmother who has not met either of my kids or my wife.

I did a 2.0T coil conversion as well. I have $40 into the conversion including 5 coils, and the adapters

My little man is getting big, will be 7mo old in a few days, can already say "Da Da" and can stand on his own while holding onto something.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got the front brakes done and while putting the rear brakes back together broke the LH rear brake hose,so I am replacing both LH and RH brake hoses.

My wheels are getting sandblasted and I should have them back and ready for paint this upcoming week. They will be "metallic aluminum" in color now instead of black.

Picking up my body panels and a bunch of other stuff next weekend as well as seeing my grandmother who has not met either of my kids or my wife.

I did a 2.0T coil conversion as well. I have $40 into the conversion including 5 coils, and the adapters

My little man is getting big, will be 7mo old in a few days, can already say "Da Da" and can stand on his own while holding onto something.

What a handsome young man, does he take after his mum? :smile: