Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Is the PCV system complicated? When I bought my volvo 850 I was suprised to find that the PCV system has a box, ports in the side of the block and multiple hoses. To effectively work on it, the intake manifold has to come off. Way different that any PCV system I've seen before.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Is the PCV system complicated? When I bought my volvo 850 I was suprised to find that the PCV system has a box, ports in the side of the block and multiple hoses. To effectively work on it, the intake manifold has to come off. Way different that any PCV system I've seen before.
This is essentially the same as my Jetta.
You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score

Coilovers on, 2" drop front, 2.25-2.5" rear(ish). 15mm spacer front, 20mm rear.

I am still working my way through things. I have the 3" turbo back to put on, brakes, and more maintenance related things. Tires, body panels and interior parts come last.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I have ordered more stuff, and made the collective decision to keep the Jetta for a bit. As much as I want one of my bucket list cars I can wait.

Ordered:
New brakes all around
Thermostat
Intake gasket
Oil cooler gasket
Coolant reservoir
Spark plugs
ABS sensors
Tyrolsport brake stiffening kit
VCDS software and port connector

And the last things to order/purchase

Tires
Body panels and door panels from a friend

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Redid valve cover, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coil harness, changed the air filter, and a few other small things.

I also ordered the OEM upgraded diverter valve(recirculation valve) which will allow me to run a stage 1+ tune which is a +51hp/+65ftlbs. Resulting in a very fun car.

Since the OEM Trans is a weak point too I will be possibly considering a DSG(dual clutch shiftable automatic) swap. Which can be tuned and is one of VW's best designed transmissions.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

This kit eliminates the rubber caliper bushings on the front, which eliminates the deflection caused by rubber bushings. This then creates better clamping force.

Very cool. I assume they need to be disassbeled and cleaned/re-lubed more often. What's the timeline on that?