Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Been buying little parts here and there, bought the stud conversion, lug nuts and center bore adapters(72.6->57.1).

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
As a current Mercedes owner I'll tell you they effin SUCK. Take all the usual pita-ness of lining up a wheel on studs and take the studs away.

I've only done it a couple of times, but my Volvo's use bolts. I didn't think it was a big deal, but that may just be because of the relief of not having to lift a 245/75R16 onto a hub.

The Volvo's do have a guide pin at each wheel, but the fit is sloppy.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only done it a couple of times, but my Volvo's use bolts. I didn't think it was a big deal, but that may just be because of the relief of not having to lift a 245/75R16 onto a hub.

The Volvo's do have a guide pin at each wheel, but the fit is sloppy.
A guide pin is a great idea. No such help on this one, the one I had prior to this, or either of the ones my daughter had.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A guide pin is a great idea. No such help on this one, the one I had prior to this, or either of the ones my daughter had.

Have you thought about making a pin/stud that would temporarily thread into a lug bolt hole and then get removed after threading the rest of the bolts in place? I haven't had wheels off my cars enough yet for it to bother me enough, I guess. I haven't had the wheels off at all on the S70, yet.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about making a pin/stud that would temporarily thread into a lug bolt hole and then get removed after threading the rest of the bolts in place? I haven't had wheels off my cars enough yet for it to bother me enough, I guess. I haven't had the wheels off at all on the S70, yet.
I hadn't, but that's a fantastic idea. Thank you!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Did some small stuff. Wheel stud conversion, and mounted my wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I ordered a decent amount of parts.

Coilovers
Suspension install kit
PCV hoses