Damn you Monroe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I slapped Monroe's in the Chev, about 11 yrs ago (maybe longer, replaced the factory OEM 1996). They are still Combatting these country roads. Mine you, it is summer driving, and mostly my wife is the Pilot. Non. Art is long and Time is fleeting. -- Longfellow

FLJoe

Reaction score
I've not had good luck with RA for ordering parts. I tried a steering rack from them for a Pontiac Grand Prix. If you haven't worked on those, they're horrible to change racks on. I paid someone to do it. After getting it in, it leaked all over the place. Total POS, and I wasted all that money on the install. The next thing I tried ordering was a downpipe/converter set for my Tahoe. I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after a month, RA declared it "lost" and shipped a new one. I was out the money that whole time, so I couldn't go buy one locally, and they wouldn't offer a refund while we waited. Eventually the new one came. No box, no kind of packaging at all. Just a flimsy paper tag zip tied to the pipe. No wonder the first one disappeared. At least the pipe set fit and wasn't damaged. Still, the Tahoe was unusable for that whole month and a half while I waited.