Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Ours didn't have a tach so I don't know what rpms it was capable of. I do know, by January 1990 it was not running well. We got a bogus ticket on Super Bowl Sunday evening, coming home from a swap meet in Belton, Texas on Highway 36. DPS trooper in a Mustang claimed we were doing 75; no way with the load we were hauling in the car plus in a utility trailer.
Don't remember what all Dad had to do to it, but we did get it running better after that. Hauled that load and that trailer, loaded, to DFW that April for the Pate swap meet (then it was still at the Pate Museum of Transportation outside of Cresson). Sat outside on the shoulder for 3 days with a few thousand other people (vendors waiting to get in). The area had very bad rains for several days and the Corps of Engineers had to come on the property and okay it for occupancy. The place was muddy all weekend, the local farmers made bank selling hay bales for the vendors to put on the ground in their spaces. We got the wagon stuck twice on the way in, pulled it out with my Dad's '81 GMC Sierra 305(one of our parts store shop trucks), got the truck stuck getting another vendor moved out of the way, then they helped us get the truck unstuck.
The next year, 1991, I got to show Jimmie Vaughan and his then father in law around the meet on Saturday morning. Got to hear some good stories, and took them to the newer section of the meet that he didn't know about. That's where we found the guy that had a bunch of Buick nailhead speed equipment. The Offenhauser valve covers and intake manifold on his '63 Riviera came from that deal.....
He and I had met at the spring Belton swap meet, a few weeks earlier. Been great friends for 32 years now....
Wait a sec.... Jimmie Vaughan, as in Stevie Ray Vaughan's big brother Jimmie Vaughan??

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wait a sec.... Jimmie Vaughan, as in Stevie Ray Vaughan's big brother Jimmie Vaughan??
Yup. Through him and Denny Freeman and Clifford Antone, I have gotten to meet a bunch of music people. Jimmie has introduced me to several of his car buddies too.
When we first met and knew each other, we mostly talked about cars and not much about music. Music was still bringing up too many memories of Stevie. Little bro was a car guy too, just not to the degree his brother is. One of the stories I got to hear, was about how they loved to build model cars and read the hot rod and custom magazines, even after they got into learning how to play guitar.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Yup. Through him and Denny Freeman and Clifford Antone, I have gotten to meet a bunch of music people. Jimmie has introduced me to several of his car buddies too.
When we first met and knew each other, we mostly talked about cars and not much about music. Music was still bringing up too many memories of Stevie. Little bro was a car guy too, just not to the degree his brother is. One of the stories I got to hear, was about how they loved to build model cars and read the hot rod and custom magazines, even after they got into learning how to play guitar.
That is unbelievably awesome

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The red truck was at my Westheimer store yesterday, and I just found the CUCV-II online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201-232629.png
    Screenshot_20230201-232629.png
    743.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230131_145204290.jpg
    IMG_20230131_145204290.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 17