Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You know that our Burbs are going to skyrocket in price because of this video.
Y'all saw that too huh? Interesting, never heard of the dude, but I think he's noticed the same thing we have about nice trucks getting harder to find, and $$$$ when we do. I want a 2 door Tahoe so bad( my Burb needs a mini me LOL), but damn are they expensive.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks all there to me, but here are pictures. By the position indicator (silver dial) it looks like it’s set to the dash vents. See if it rotates when you adjust the panel dial.

If the silver dial isn’t rotating, pull the connector off and check the three wires with a meter. One is constant battery, the other ground and the third a signal where the voltage varies as the panel dial is turned. You’d want to see that all three are showing the right voltages to rule out an issue with the control panel.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That silver arm is pressed onto the damper...not sure how it came off but that may be a challenge to get back on. Hell, I broke the box on mine trying to get the arm off and it was sitting out on a bench.

If you can’t rig it back on (it’s D-shaped so it’ll only go on one way) I’d probably just remove that one linkage arm from the actuator, manually turn the defrost damper to where you want it and leave it.

You can still buy the GM housing which comes with the dampers installed.

Here’s my old one. You can’t hammer the arm onto the shaft because it’ll just crack the opposite end where the damper fits into the plastic. Not like there’s any room under there to begin with, lol. Kind of hard to explain, but maybe this makes sense.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super helpful info man I sure appreciate it. I sold the truck the truck back in 2010 and when I bought it back in 17 it was like that and I've just now felt like dealing with it since its gonna become my daily in a couple months when our oldest is 16 and gets my 06. Ill try ebay for one of the silver arms and may just replace the whole deal if I can get that to work out. Thanks again.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That silver arm is pressed onto the damper...not sure how it came off but that may be a challenge to get back on. Hell, I broke the box on mine trying to get the arm off and it was sitting out on a bench.

If you can’t rig it back on (it’s D-shaped so it’ll only go on one way) I’d probably just remove that one linkage arm from the actuator, manually turn the defrost damper to where you want it and leave it.

You can still buy the GM housing which comes with the dampers installed.

Here’s my old one. You can’t hammer the arm onto the shaft because it’ll just crack the opposite end where the damper fits into the plastic. Not like there’s any room under there to begin with, lol. Kind of hard to explain, but maybe this makes sense.

You can still get the hvac housing??