Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got these in East Houston yesterday. The pickup was at Walmart, haven't seen it there before. The Burb and the 400 3500HD bucket truck behind it are in a lot on Market Street between Jacinto City and Federal Road. I've been trying to catch that bucket truck for a month; it's hard to get a decent picture going down the road!
I couldn't help but notice the Buick inspired portholes on the guard of the white pickup.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice the Buick inspired portholes on the guard of the white pickup.
Yeah that type of stick on accessory is quite popular in the Houston, Texas area. And most people who are "blinging" their ride out with them, probably don't have any idea what they are inspired by ( but I'm old enough to!) My dad was a big fan of custom cars, and grew up in the 50s reading the little car magazines.
They got more popular yet, when the 2007 Escalade came out with a big chrome "vent" in the front fenders. Personally I think it looks much better on a 70s Pontiac Trans Am, but that's just me.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Saw these today in West Houston. I think the Burb's people work at or run one of the shops in this strip mall, cause it's usually parked in the same place. Looks pretty clean.....

Attachments

• IMG_20220829_161944641.jpg
    IMG_20220829_161944641.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 11

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing more and more of these old trucks with 500K miles on them. I've seen a few with over a million and still going!!
If you change the oil and filter regularly and easy on the gas pedal until they are warmed up then there is no reason why you shouldn't get high miles from any motor. People forget that when the engine cools that the metal of the block changes shape due to thermal expansion/ contraction therefore the roundness of the cylinders doesn't match the rings until they are back up to operating temp again so you get uneven wear.