Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Anyone on here know much about, or have experience with, Century camper shells? I have a line on one for the big truck, and was wondering what is good/bad about them and what to watch out for. This one is missing part of the front window (behind the cab) but I could put a piece of plastic there....
I had a Century mid-rise topper for my 96, good toppers, just put some new weatherstripping on where it sits on the bed rails and rock it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I had a Century mid-rise topper for my 96, good toppers, just put some new weatherstripping on where it sits on the bed rails and rock it.
How do they attach to the truck? I didn't want to climb in the bed of this truck in the yard and look super close at it. Some of the vehicles aren't on the stands very well.....
I'm wondering if I could fab some type of quick disconnect bolts or pins, so that it could be removed from the truck if needed, without too much work. I would probably have to take the diamond plate bed rail covers off, and the bed liner too maybe? I haven't had much to do with pickups in close to 30 years ( F150 doesn't count, didn't get to do much to it but learn what a POS it was). The bed on this truck in the yard has a spray in liner that is disentegrating....but the fenders on it are better than what my crew cab has. And they're pretty close to the right color, even though that truck is a '95.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
How do they attach to the truck? I didn't want to climb in the bed of this truck in the yard and look super close at it. Some of the vehicles aren't on the stands very well.....
I'm wondering if I could fab some type of quick disconnect bolts or pins, so that it could be removed from the truck if needed, without too much work. I would probably have to take the diamond plate bed rail covers off, and the bed liner too maybe? I haven't had much to do with pickups in close to 30 years ( F150 doesn't count, didn't get to do much to it but learn what a POS it was). The bed on this truck in the yard has a spray in liner that is disentegrating....but the fenders on it are better than what my crew cab has. And they're pretty close to the right color, even though that truck is a '95.
I've used clamps like these.... topper clamps ....without issue, in the past.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
At the JC DQ, Burb day I guess? Mine and this gold one. Bad wreck on I 10, so more traffic diverted onto Market, and lots of 400s, too many to catch!

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_173833333_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220815_173833333_HDR.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 16

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Your bed caps and bedliner can stay, it’ll sit on top of them, and you’ll clamp it down with the clamps that @Stumpy linked to. They are easy to put on and remove, but they are so damn heavy, which is why I chose not to get one for my 05 Sierra.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Your bed caps and bedliner can stay, it’ll sit on top of them, and you’ll clamp it down with the clamps that @Stumpy linked to. They are easy to put on and remove, but they are so damn heavy, which is why I chose not to get one for my 05 Sierra.
Yeah, it'd be easier if I could get in the shop and use the chain hoist. But my mom's inoperable Chrysler Pacifica is in the way, and everything from our multiple moves is between it and the door. Looking more closely at my pictures I shot in the yard, whoever installed that one used fender washers and sheetmetal screws. I need to get up in the bed and look at it a lot closer before I spend any money on it. Gotta replace the front window and maybe one of the side ones too...and see if the black spots on the inside top are mold or holes.