Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That car in question is a 53-54 Chevy. Can make positive determination with more pictures of the grille or better ones of the whole car.
GM had all new car designs and models in '49; Chevy and Pontiac models were very similar for 49 and 50, then had some changes and updates for 51-52. Then GM vehicles changed again for 53-54. Then in late 54, the all new 55 models came out, V8s available across the board and 12 volt electrical systems.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That car in question is a 53-54 Chevy. Can make positive determination with more pictures of the grille or better ones of the whole car.
GM had all new car designs and models in '49; Chevy and Pontiac models were very similar for 49 and 50, then had some changes and updates for 51-52. Then GM vehicles changed again for 53-54. Then in late 54, the all new 55 models came out, V8s available across the board and 12 volt electrical systems.
Unlike me, but I didn’t get any other pictures beside the two that I posted. He’s put a Jaguar front end and power steering too.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Nice! I learned a lot about these cars when several friends had them. One still has his 51 Chevy fleet line 2 door, but it's far from stock( customized and mechanical upgrades with later Chevy parts).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
No, a buddy of mine had a 99 2 door Tahoe that was a Scottsdale or LS trim, and it had a vinyl interior, no trim on the inside of the barn doors, and the sealed beam headlights W/T grille. He sold it to his brother in law, and he changed the grille to the Silverado style and put big rims on it. My buddy had Cragar S/Ss on it and I thought they looked really good on it. That truck looked like my burb's mini me except for the grille, cause it is pewter too. But it's the only 2door I've seen with the W/T grille, so I figure they must be fairly rare.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me and a buddy went out for a quick cruise last night. I got some of those "low-brow" lights from Anzo on Amazon. Not too impressed with the light output of the halos or the regular driving lights, but they'll be fine until I get some different ones in the future. Are they worth $168? Not even close, imo.
Was curious about those lights since they look good, but good to know they're not great. Guess the shitbox (Abigail) won't be getting a set lol.