Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Do you have wide fenders on the 1500???
Yeah, fiberglass fenders. The rears are pulled out decently with the stock bed. I’ll try and get a better shot of it. Just snapped that after replacing the hood and grill. Hood springs sent the hood into the windshield. The grill was horrible black. The junkyard gods were nice to me this past weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks really good. Especially with that bumper. Your just missing the metal skid plate on the bumper and the over landing rack.
Yeah, I need a skid plate soon. A few other projects first before I throw any more money at the truck. Not much into the overland, would like to full prerunner it with long travel

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Some eejit in Bastrop, Texas is trying to give us 400 truck owners a bad reputation....this is a screenshot from KXAN News in Austin. Been a bit of controversy over this guy's Halloween display that does seem to be in poor taste....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-010825.png
    Screenshot_20211027-010825.png
    647 KB · Views: 42

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep some people don't understand,primer is for hot rods, and vehicles in progress.....
Primer is a base coat that is porous and gives a surface for paint to stick to. Primer does not seal out water, and in time, the metal under it will rust. It is not ment to be a finish coat, and seal in the metal. That is what paint is for, and what paint does. The flat or mat black that you see on hot rods if the job is done correctly, is a paint, over a primer. This tends to hide inperfections in body work. IMO, I like a shiny surface. When a vehicle is done correctly, there are no imperfection in the body work, and a shiny paint job brings this out. Body work, is just that, 95 percent working the metal, and prep work, and about 5 percent paint work.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Got to work the other day and saw this gmt400 in the parking lot. I don't know who owns it or the year but it's a 2500 Cheyenne! I also don't know what powertrain it has. Here it is next to my black K1500:

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach