Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is my 96 k2500 454 in the middle of a trans swap to a sm465 4 speed havent picked name yet 146k miles on truck less than 30k on engine
You must be registered for see images attach
I like the wheels; I didn't know they made those "hot wheels" style wheels in 8 lug versions. I'd say "big red" or Clifford the big red truck would be a good name.....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
This is my 96 k2500 454 in the middle of a trans swap to a sm465 4 speed havent picked name yet 146k miles on truck less than 30k on engine
You must be registered for see images attach

I was kicking around the idea of Ruby or Lucy
Love the wheels, I vote for the name Ruby.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parked next to this Ranger at Sam's Club yesterday. Funny how a "midsize" truck nowadays is just as big as our fullsize 400s....
It's a '21, belongs to a kid that works there. He really likes it. Poor boy, I don't think he's as old as my Burb....
Got us a white 2019 4dr Colorado 2wd V6 8speed. It's huge like you said. It is asking to be dropped 8". Best truck I've ever had and it's just futuristic. IMHO better than full size and set to tow mode it's fast. I totally recommend the Colorado.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Got us a white 2019 4dr Colorado 2wd V6 8speed. It's huge like you said. It is asking to be dropped 8". Best truck I've ever had and it's just futuristic. IMHO better than full size and set to tow mode it's fast. I totally recommend the Colorado.
Yes I have a friend, his first new truck was an 89 GMC RCSB, the burgundy metallic, he loved it and was crushed when it got stolen. He got it back, but he always had that feeling like it had been violated, and it was never quite right. So he got his first Colorado, and has had several since. I rode across Houston a couple months ago with him in the current one, very nice truck! He tows a utility trailer with it, full of model cars( yes they're heavy if you have enough of them!), and likes it a lot. He's in the local model building club like me, and I've helped him load and unload that trailer a few times.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I work at a GM dealership. If you ever have a hard to find oil leak pop up on the driver side most people diagnose it as a cam cover. Just note- they have a cam carrier between the cylinder head and cam cover. They are sealed with GM sealant not a gasket and they are known for leaking. And not very fun to change. Very very big job. I believe it was close to 20 hours book time. Cam cover comes off the Timing cover has to come off and if I remember correctly oil pan comes off. (Don’t take my word on that. I’m not 100% sure it’s been awhile.)timing chains have to come off. Then cams come out then the cam carrier under the cams.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I work at a GM dealership. If you ever have a hard to find oil leak pop up on the driver side most people diagnose it as a cam cover. Just note- they have a cam carrier between the cylinder head and cam cover. They are sealed with GM sealant not a gasket and they are known for leaking. And not very fun to change. Very very big job. I believe it was close to 20 hours book time. Cam cover comes off the Timing cover has to come off and if I remember correctly oil pan comes off. (Don’t take my word on that. I’m not 100% sure it’s been awhile.)timing chains have to come off. Then cams come out then the cam carrier under the cams.
Had those seals go bad on my 96 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 OHC V6, after over 150K miles. It was losing oil so fast you could put it in and watch it pour out the side of the engine a minute later. Took 6 quarts to get to Walmart, the closest place to the house to get more, and back home, which was like 5 miles.
Had it towed to a shop, mechanic said these engines are prone to this. $700 and 2 days later, had the car back. Right before Christmas too, guess what Santa brought? Don't think they had to pull the oil pan, but all 3 sections of the timing cover come off, and all the belt and tensioner parts. I had just done timing belt, tensioner and water pump like 6 weeks earlier (WP on these is driven by the TB so you replace them together. Also do not presume that the tensioner is good, just because it's still tight and springy and goes back together okay. It will break, and then your car stops dead in the street; and if you're lucky like we were, there's no engine damage. But you get to have it towed, and pay someone to redo the job you just did....
One of the few things I didn't like about that car.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had those seals go bad on my 96 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 OHC V6... do not presume that the tensioner is good, just because it's still tight and springy and goes back together okay. It will break, and then your car stops dead in the street; and if you're lucky like we were, there's no engine damage.
My wife's '09 Chrysler 300 has the 3.5 V6. The tensioner broke off and was rattling around. I drove the car twenty miles home, took the timing cover off and said, "Oh, $#!+!" I'm still not sure how it didn't jump time.