Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ Looking good.
383 big dif over the 350? Fuel about the same.
So far doesnt seem like it. I think it's just how hard you push the gas. It's been really windy and stop in go so the gas mostly got its mpg from that. I was hoping we could do a none stop from Houston to grapevine cruising at 75 but it didnt work out that way thanks to the storm's and baby lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Family got hungry so did a pitstop. Found that the burb sprung a power steering leak at the hoses I think to the steering cooler. Gonna head to o'Reilly's after this and get some steering fluid

Attachments

• 20211003_114145.jpg
    20211003_114145.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 10

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Our trip to Tennessee a couple weeks ago was fun, but started not so good.

This was blow out number two, where we ended up leaving the camper on the side of the highway, while we went to buy new tires.

You must be registered for see images attach

Think it's widely known, factory trailer/camper tires are generally crap, and a ticking time bomb. The emergency tire purchase was pretty much a different brand of China bombs, but they allowed us to finish our trip. After seeing a ton of recommendations, and getting a surprise refund from some previous **** surgery, I ordered a set of Goodyear Endurance tires from Discount Tire. Tried to use my usual local tire guy, but he was unable to get them.

Anyway, since DT doesn't have enough room to accommadate a 37 foot camper, I took the wheels off, and using Stumpy as a bit of an anchor to hopefully keep the camper from shifting.

When the tire on this side blew, it took the fender flare with it, so got to get that straightened out too.

Hopefully those blocks will hold up, til I can get the new tires/wheels back on.

Stumpy looks pretty good hooked up to the camper. Too bad it's a couple thousand pounds over it's towing capacity.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Our trip to Tennessee a couple weeks ago was fun, but started not so good.

This was blow out number two, where we ended up leaving the camper on the side of the highway, while we went to buy new tires.
jeeze, nasty.
most likey those ST tires were only rated for 65mph.
did you replace them with a higher load range and speed rating?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
jeeze, nasty.
most likey those ST tires were only rated for 65mph.
did you replace them with a higher load range and speed rating?
They were supposedly E rated, and you're right about the 65mph limit. The Goodyears are also E rated, but have a 87mph limit, which I'll never be reaching, but should be a much better constructed tire.