Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
How many years was a crew cab short bed/box available in the 400 series trucks? Seen a couple lately and thought they must be rare..... haven't ever seen many. I kinda thought that style didn't start until the 800 series trucks. Thanks!

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Mod day at my garage with the twin 400s. My dudes 97 is gonna end up lookin a lot like my Chevy. He even wants same seats i got (Bonnevilles). Mines still cooler.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many years was a crew cab short bed/box available in the 400 series trucks? Seen a couple lately and thought they must be rare..... haven't ever seen many. I kinda thought that style didn't start until the 800 series trucks. Thanks!
Well, I used to have a co worker that had a 2000,, 2500, crew cab with a 5.7L. SWB. He said when getting parts, he would ask for 1998 truck parts. They changed in 2001. So what year did they start in a 400 truck, IDK for sure. Also there is a centurion. That is a 1500 crew cad, and they were converted from another truck, but I dont remember what they used. There may have been a 3500 also IDK.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, I used to have a co worker that had a 2000,, 2500, crew cab with a 5.7L. SWB. He said when getting parts, he would ask for 1998 truck parts. They changed in 2001. So what year did they start in a 400 truck, IDK for sure. Also there is a centurion. That is a 1500 crew cad, and they were converted from another truck, but I dont remember what they used. There may have been a 3500 also IDK.
Yes we have had that problem with our 90 R2500 Burb,and both 99s. That's one reason I like to get my parts from my friend and no one else. I get the right stuff first time.
I think the two I saw were stock trucks,one was pewter and the other one was metallic red. Stock grille, wheels etc.
Congrats on the staff member title,when did that happen?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes we have had that problem with our 90 R2500 Burb,and both 99s. That's one reason I like to get my parts from my friend and no one else. I get the right stuff first time.
I think the two I saw were stock trucks,one was pewter and the other one was metallic red. Stock grille, wheels etc.
Congrats on the staff member title,when did that happen?
I saw a CCSWB today. Shaggy asked if I was interested in be a mod tonight. I said sure. I would be glad to help. I have been going through threads for about 2 hours tonight looking for whatever. So far so good. I figured why not. Im on here everyday anyway.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Congrats @kennythewelder !!!
I was trying to come up with a funny(ish... usually the best I can do) plasma cutter/staff member disciplinary phrase... but I got nothing.
Now if you were kennythecarpenter, I could say you're about to whip out the "BANsaw" on some bots.

Ok. Evidently I STILL got nothin'. In my defense, no one has EVER heard me claim to be right in the head.