Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Hiding in the garage after a rough ride home last night. Weather advisory called for 2-4" total. My ass. We had that before midnight. 6-8" down before it was over with. 12"+ drifts on the back roads in open areas covering the north/west bound lanes. In some areas the entire road was covered. Luckily I didn't have any high banked open places. Otherwise we would have had impassable roads.

The old ram wasn't too happy in all the snow. Voltage tanked for about a mile before coming back up to normal. Asked around and found this to be a pretty common deal. Unusual for me considering my alternator is clean and dry and I have a battery blanket. But I have been told that if it goes back to normal it's fine. Some sort of system safety I guess? Kinda sucks when you need your defrost to blast and it cuts to half fan speed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Olaf the Jeep seems to wear it well.
Stay safe out there. Hope your power stays on.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Congrats! Santa's Sleigh Red on that one!
Bear with me on this, because if I'm right, this post of mine will be important in about... 15 years! Because; AMC Gremlin? I HATED them when new. Now? I'd LOVE to have a good one. Cadillac CTS V when new? "Ridiculous for Cadillac to try to make a car look like a stealth bomber! It's UGLY!" Now? I drool a little every time I see one (ESPECIALLY if it's a V8 wagon).

New trucks? I'm thinking Decepticon or whatever the other Transformer thing is. I never liked Transformers from the cartoons up to now.

So let's see where time takes me, lol!

That was a longest way I’ve ever seen someone say, “congrats on your new truck, not my style but I’m happy for you.” Hahah.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Olaf the Jeep seems to wear it well.
Stay safe out there. Hope your power stays on.
The diesel jeep there is not happy with me right now. No comms with ECM and turbo actuator is playing games with me again.

Power shouldn't be a problem. Everything around here is just snow. No ice. Roads were cleaned up in a day. Michigan is used to this.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The diesel jeep there is not happy with me right now. No comms with ECM and turbo actuator is playing games with me again.

Power shouldn't be a problem. Everything around here is just snow. No ice. Roads were cleaned up in a day. Michigan is used to this.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc, y'all are used to winter. Y'all have the infrastructure and skills. We in the southern coastal areas don't. And therein lies the problem!
That, and power companies like making $$$ more than TCB.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've finally decided to get me a newer crewcab in the next couple months if I can find something I like. That means one of these will end up being sold, and at the moment its looking like it will be the 98.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I've finally decided to get me a newer crewcab in the next couple months if I can find something I like. That means one of these will end up being sold, and at the moment its looking like it will be the 98.

That would suck if it's the '98...

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would suck if it's the '98...
The odds are not in its favor at the moment ha. Other than cheaper insurance by about 40 bucks it just doesn't do anything better than the 06. Plus the 06 has more interior room and better mpg even with 35s. But if I can't find exactly what I want in a newer truck they may both stay and we'll trade the wifes burb for a newer tahoe.