Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
It looks great! A question, I see you added a radio with the dash vent upgrade. Did you paint it, and if so what paint did you use. I just repainted my dash and it seems dark but I guess it was just because it had faded and I got used to it that way.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
It looks great! A question, I see you added a radio with the dash vent upgrade. Did you paint it, and if so what paint did you use. I just repainted my dash and it seems dark but I guess it was just because it had faded and I got used to it that way.

It was already painted, I believe it is a Scosche dash piece.
https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-GM14...sche+GM1482dbb+Dash+Kit&qid=1580011323&sr=8-1
The color is spot on to me. Of course my dash is 50 shades of blue because a lot of it is sun faded, and I also put in a new dash which was painted with OEM color before I purchased it.
But I will say that the dash piece does match the painted dash very well.

Yes the OEM blue is a lot darker than sun faded blue haha. I noticed that when I pulled my original dash out and the A pillars compared to the new dash was a very high contrast.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score