Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow! I see you've done some grille swapping, looks great! Where did you get the grille?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Thanks! The grille came from a local junkyard. Quad headlight brackets came from @Moparmat2000, the headlights were new from Advance, the marker lights ordered new from RockAuto.
Nice! I got the same marker lights on my 88-93 grille from RockAuto, damn were they cheap! Around $2 a piece, that's a steal.

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
I also gave the wheels a good polishing using a product called White Diamond, which worked really well. I didn't take the time to remove the wheels, so they are still pretty nasty looking around the lugs, but they look MUCH better than before. I wish I would have taken a closer pic, but this is the best I have for now.....

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what they looked like before....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also gave the wheels a good polishing using a product called White Diamond, which worked really well. I didn't take the time to remove the wheels, so they are still pretty nasty looking around the lugs, but they look MUCH better than before. I wish I would have taken a closer pic, but this is the best I have for now.....

This is what they looked like before....

I have good luck with Chemical Guys Heavy Metal Polish; but my rims are so bad I think it's going to take a little acid wash and some wet sanding to get them back in shape.
Did these rims come with a clear coat?

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
I have good luck with Chemical Guys Heavy Metal Polish; but my rims are so bad I think it's going to take a little acid wash and some wet sanding to get them back in shape.
Did these rims come with a clear coat?

I bought them used, and apparently there's no clear on them. I was worried I would need to give them a deep cleaning with some acid based wheel cleaner and some ultra fine steel wool at the very least, but luckily that wasn't necessary. They are still far from perfect, but the White Diamond polish with a Mothers PowerCone cleaned them up well enough.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Mine don't have a clear on them either, wished they did. I think most rims of this style don't come with clear coat unfortunately.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought them used, and apparently there's no clear on them. I was worried I would need to give them a deep cleaning with some acid based wheel cleaner and some ultra fine steel wool at the very least, but luckily that wasn't necessary. They are still far from perfect, but the White Diamond polish with a Mothers PowerCone cleaned them up well enough.

I used Mother's Mag polish and a Powercone to clean them the first time. It did good for the shape they were in at the time, next time I polish it'll probably be with a grinder and two grades of polishing wheels. I think the Eagle Alloys on my truck were the Super Finish style, so they should shine like a mirror once I get them cleaned.

Mine don't have a clear on them either, wished they did. I think most rims of this style don't come with clear coat unfortunately.

I thought Mickey Thompsons and ProComps came with clear coating; Eagle Alloy and Welds are the only two that I can think of that I know for sure didn't use clear coat.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
I thought Mickey Thompsons and ProComps came with clear coating; Eagle Alloy and Welds are the only two that I can think of that I know for sure didn't use clear coat.
I also found out American Racing's 8 hole/bullet hole style rims don't come with a clear coat either. American Racing's Outlaw II's, similar to your old rims, claim to come with a clear coat.