Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
98 W/T that I just picked up. Working on getting it road worthy after sitting for 5 years.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what I've been going thru with my little truck. It sat for quite while. Only 65k miles, and it had 45k miles in 2003 or so. Yours looks great. Mine has a lot of cosmetic problems... paint/upholstery/headliner...

Benny Hopgood

Reaction score
98 W/T that I just picked up. Working on getting it road worthy after sitting for 5 years.

Welcome to the site! I've always like the simplicity of the W/T trucks! Is it an automatic or manual trans truck? V6 or V8? give us some details :)

It's a 4.3 v6 4l60 auto, 198,000 miles. My neighbor bought it new and parked it about 5 or 6 yrs ago. I've worked out most of the bugs and now have it roadworthy. I had the seat and headliner repaired. The AC is the biggest thing left to repair.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a 4.3 v6 4l60 auto, 198,000 miles. My neighbor bought it new and parked it about 5 or 6 yrs ago. I've worked out most of the bugs and now have it roadworthy. I had the seat and headliner repaired. The AC is the biggest thing left to repair.
Awesome stuff, man :)

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
5:30am drive into work, pulled over to fix a interior rattle and figured why not snap a picture.

I need those torque thrust style wheels in 8-lug.
Adding a body lift.
Wanting to go mud terrain tread next time.

Hardly working today....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Adding a body lift.

Hardly working today....
imo, I like the style of rims you got on your Burb now better.

Your Burb's looking pretty nice! :waytogo:

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imo, I like the style of rims you got on your Burb now better.

Your Burb's looking pretty nice! :waytogo:

Thanks.... Your blue looks great, too.!!!

I had to change wheels from my signature pic. One was bent pretty badly and had a crack. Drove it 1800 miles from Phoenix to East TN like that.
These wheels had loose hub covers that rattled and clanked. Just decided to paint the hubs black and leave them bare. Kinda like it.
They also seem to have a little more offset .... which I kinda like. But I'm wanting to add some molded mud/splash guards, which typically don't extend past the stock wheel offset.

I've been trying to find some period correct aftermarket wheels for a set of Mud Terrains for future use. Use the current set of wheels & Michelins for long hauls and the MTs for local stuff & a future beach trip to the Outer Banks, NC in Sept. ( have to drive on beach 4.5 miles to get to rental).
I'm really liking these but can't seem to find any in 8-lug .......

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adding a body lift.

Hardly working today....

Yea I’m not sure is American racing even makes an 8 lug wheel off the top of my head.

But I saw that you mentioned about the center caps rattling on those wheels. Well what I have done in the past is put a piece of pool noddle foam behind the center cab. Then just cut it to a little bit thicker than you need to stop the rattle.

Sent from my 350 Vortec Powered iPhone

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At 9 mpg (12 interstate), it won't be my daily for very long. Lol.
I have a 27 mpg Miata (30 interstate) & 20 mpg GTO (25 interstate) that will fulfill that role.

Pic with centers on.... 1 day only. Lol.

Pic without

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Your blue looks great, too.!!!
Thanks for the comment! :)

I had to change wheels from my signature pic. One was bent pretty badly and had a crack. Drove it 1800 miles from Phoenix to East TN like that.
These wheels had loose hub covers that rattled and clanked. Just decided to paint the hubs black and leave them bare. Kinda like it.
They also seem to have a little more offset .... which I kinda like. But I'm wanting to add some molded mud/splash guards, which typically don't extend past the stock wheel offset.

I've been trying to find some period correct aftermarket wheels for a set of Mud Terrains for future use. Use the current set of wheels & Michelins for long hauls and the MTs for local stuff & a future beach trip to the Outer Banks, NC in Sept. ( have to drive on beach 4.5 miles to get to rental).
I'm really liking these but can't seem to find any in 8-lug .......
With the loose hub covers, put some electrical tape around the ends of them. That's what I did on my 97's rims, and now they fit super snug. It's a neat little trick my dad told me.