Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Anybody got a picture of their truck with a smoothie bumper with body side molding? Thinking about putting my molding back on, and to be honest, I kind of miss it. Want to put the stainless rocker trim on, remove the SS stuff and make into a 90s truck again. If my truck were a true SS, I would never change it. The SS phase has kind of grew out of me, I have always liked old man trucks, so I want to make mine an old man truck, lol. I have been told, even though I'm young, I have an old soul. :shrug:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Anybody got a picture of their truck with a smoothie bumper with body side molding? Thinking about putting my molding back on, and to be honest, I kind of miss it. Want to put the stainless rocker trim on, remove the SS stuff and make into a 90s truck again. If my truck were a true SS, I would never change it. The SS phase has kind of grew out of me, I have always liked old man trucks, so I want to make mine an old man truck, lol. I have been told, even though I'm young, I have an old soul. :shrug:

Smoothie diesel ftw. Personally I would never take off the impact strips, I feel like there's just a lot of body on these trucks and the stripping breaks it up nicely. I would pass on the stainless rocker trim too, every truck I've seen has had a slight hint of rust because of it, even down here.
You must be registered for see images attach

And one the fender rubbing issue, you could always trim the little lip on the bottom of the fender, I did mine and I'm probably going to trim a little more off to be on the safe side for clearance.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you on the molding, I kind of breaks it up a bit. Plus, I kind of like the dated look of it. I think I might just buy some molding from Brown's of Two Rivers, the 26' roll, only $80, with tax. Found out my molding had rusted quite a bit since last year I took them off, so they aren't going back on. I think I will still go through with putting stainless on it, if it rusts out in 10 years, I will restore it again. :)

By looking at your truck and Kenny's truck, I think it looks good with the smoothie bumper and molding. Once I get some more money saved up this summer to get the stainless, molding, and stacks, I will start on the project. I will post pics when it is done. I know many will not approve of the stacks and say it's gay.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did they ever make any of those Euro corners in non-smoked amber for the Chevy grill?

Yeah... And I've been looking for a set of them for years. :lol:

Unfortunately they've been discontinued for a long time. I started re-doing the lighting on my trucks pretty much right when they dried up. I smoked the tail lights and bought an Anzo smoked 3rd brake light to match those smoked corners though, and honestly I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I still have a couple sets of clear corners with that same reflector style for Chevy grilles that I've been meaning to take up to the body shop and have sprayed amber...