Daily driver/beater 2007 charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I visited a shop a buddy of mine told me about they said they would do some work for 2 grand Hopefully that would pay out because plan B would be freaking trying to get a kit car like a tea bucket and put the engine in everything from my daily beater into that and make that a daily beater somehow
That looks pretty bad to me, but I'm not from an area where we're used to modern stuff rusting out like that. Hope your guy does good work for that money.

Richard

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an blue 09' Charger in my yard that I'm parting out. It's in good condition for the body and panels minus the driver side fender and rear spoiler that's been parted out. I'm looking to sell it. No rust, and I have the 3.5 HO V6 apart in the attic. It just needs a new set of rods and it'll be brand new again. Machined the block, crank, resurfaced the head and valve job. Once I get the engine back together I'll sell it as well. Let me know if you're interested.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an blue 09' Charger in my yard that I'm parting out. It's in good condition for the body and panels minus the driver side fender and rear spoiler that's been parted out. I'm looking to sell it. No rust, and I have the 3.5 HO V6 apart in the attic. It just needs a new set of rods and it'll be brand new again. Machined the block, crank, resurfaced the head and valve job. Once I get the engine back together I'll sell it as well. Let me know if you're interested.
Cool too bad you are not in the Illinois area then we can make a Franken car

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before your guy goes to work on the parts you can see, get that car up on a lift if you can, or at least high up on some solid jack stands. Inspect the area in the transmission tunnel all around the catalytic converters. Use a bright light and good eyes. There's been reports of some of these cars rusting through in those areas and you wouldn't have guessed it as the rest of the car looked OK. It's a structural area and a confined space so it's difficult to repair.

Richard

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's an older (2014) post with some pics (held semi-hostage by photobucket) - you can see the damage though, especially on page 3 where he shares a pic provided by someone else where the rust is just beginning. You can ignore the comments from the one well-known troll on the forum that I believe has since departed.

Richard

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for sending me that forum post I'm gonna try and join that 1 because the Dodge Charger one on the Internet seemed to be full of meanies

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a good project, i miss the 07 magnum i had, was a great car, I used to be on LXFORUMS alot as well.
You must be registered for see images attach