Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
looks good man, have you driven it yet?

Just up and down the driveway so far. Once my exhaust comes in I’ll drive it to the muffler shop and then to the tire shop and have it aligned. Should have insurance on it in the next few weeks and I’ll be able to actually drive it.

This is awesome, its looking really good!!

Thanks bud!

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great man!

Are you planning to have it appraised for replacement value, should something bad like a wreck happen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks very nice, do you have plans to operate on that belly cancer?

Yessir. I spent most of the money I set aside over the last year on what you see so far in the thread. I have a rust free 3rd door, tailgate, and rear bumper from Alabama. I'm putting money aside every week again for doors, a bed, and front fenders. My wife's parents live in Alabama so I'll head down there hopefully next spring to get parts. Then it will be a new paint job with the factory color.

For now, I'll just use it as my DD during the summer months and replace parts as its needed. I'm hoping to get the exhaust work done tomorrow. The Magnaflow downpipe & cats came the other day so no more holes in the exhaust lol.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a new truck! I took it to the exhaust shop today and had my new Magnaflow downpipe/cats installed with a new Walker OEM muffler. The truck sounds like it did the day my dad bought it. I’ve never been happier to have a quiet truck lol.

On the way there though, I was watching the temperature gauge and it climbed to 3/4 of the way to the red. I pulled off on the side of the road and turned it off to let it cool down. Started back up a few minutes later and she started dropping to 1/4 if the way. It did it again later on the way home. My question, does it sound like the thermostat is stuck and isn’t opening when it should?? Pretty sure it’s the original. Anyway, on to the photos.

You must be registered for see images attach

Surprisingly the OEM downpipe wasn’t in terrible shape. The muffler had a couple pinholes in it though.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Sounds like a new truck! I took it to the exhaust shop today and had my new Magnaflow downpipe/cats installed with a new Walker OEM muffler. The truck sounds like it did the day my dad bought it. I’ve never been happier to have a quiet truck lol.

On the way there though, I was watching the temperature gauge and it climbed to 3/4 of the way to the red. I pulled off on the side of the road and turned it off to let it cool down. Started back up a few minutes later and she started dropping to 1/4 if the way. It did it again later on the way home. My question, does it sound like the thermostat is stuck and isn’t opening when it should?? Pretty sure it’s the original. Anyway, on to the photos.

Surprisingly the OEM downpipe wasn’t in terrible shape. The muffler had a couple pinholes in it though.

Those old pipes dont look terrible. Were the cats clogged?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tstat and gasket is super cheap and super simple to replace, I'd definitely start there.