Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Not much of an update other than I’ve been driving the truck. It’s been running great, still running water through the system flushing out the old coolant and crud. I’m thinking toward the end of the week I’ll install the new parts.

Photos of how she sits after the alignment. My biggest decision at the moment is trying to decide if I want to put the Ventshades back on the doors or. Or. My dad loved them and I used to, but I think it looks cleaner without. Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Still holding decent oil pressure

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Was going through old photos tonight. Didn’t realize how many of these trucks I’ve owned or my family has owned.

Mom’s old ‘99 Yukon

Step dads old ‘95 Silverado

My dads ‘88 Cheyenne. Sold it a few years ago. He bought it in 1990 with 25,000 miles on it.

My ‘98 Sierra. I bought it in 2008 with 108,000 miles. Michigan truck with absolutely no rust. Sold it in 2013 with 170,000. Last I knew a kid downstate owns it.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
My ‘99 Tahoe. Bought it in 2013 and lowered it and threw on some other goodies. It was from Texas and was spotless. Sold it a year later.

My ‘98 2dr. Bought it in 2015 and drove it for 6 months before selling it. It was fun while I had it.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I like the clean look, but you could get the in-channel ones, which look way sleeker. Thought about getting in-channels for my truck.

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I’ve been busier than ever the past few weeks it seems, so I haven’t had any time to change the water pump. We had our gender reveal this past weekend so the truck sat, but on a positive note.....we’re having a girl!!!

Have tonight and tomorrow off so I pulled the truck into the barn and gave it a detail. The first time ever that it has seen a clay bar lol. Anyway, the paint looks great except for the rockers lol. She still cleans up good for her age.