Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
So time for an update. Had my new tires mounted and balanced last week. Getting an alignment in the morning. Even without the alignment, there is a night and day different with the ride quality.

You must be registered for see images attach

Today I started flushing the cooling system. The overflow tank was literally the nastiest thing ever. The buildup of gunk in the line looked like a damn blood clot.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Getting the alignment done as I type this. First time in its lifespan it’s ever had one.

I plan on driving it for a few days without the thermostat to flush the system out. It’s only a few miles back and forth to work so it shouldnt be an issue. I figure on my day off Thursday I’ll install the new water pump, thermostat and temp. sending unit.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yea I’m flushing all of the Dexcool out of it and going with the green. Since the truck sits during the winter, I don’t want it to gum up like Dexcool does.
Good deal! :waytogo: I just absolutely hate that Dexcool stuff, glad you're going with green.