Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Washed the truck for the first time in the new garage tonight! Wish I had more of an update. Need to buy a new A/C compressor so I can recharge my A/C so that’s one thing lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted in here, but went on a weekend trip a month ago with the wife and some friends to ride buggies. It was just supposed to be a cold weekend, but with my luck it snowed. Luckily I got the truck home before the roads were salted. The body may look rough, but it hasn’t seen salt in 6 years.

1owner1990

Reaction score
Didn't get very much done this weekend. Pulled the rear bumper off tonight. Had a couple rusted out bolts that I had to grind off. Bought Chassis Saver on Friday so most of my time consists of using a wire wheel, grinder, and wire brush. Fuel lines came last week, ordering a new tank and fuel pump as I type this.

All this rust fell out while trying to get the rear bumper off lol

Any idea what this rubber line is for? Is it some sort of bleeder for the diff?

Just a vent hose.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
This is the first real trip I’ve driven the truck on this year. We made a 300 mile trek up to Grand Marais in the U.P. today with some friends to ride the SxS’s. We ended up renting a huge house on the water. The truck did great minus the fuel consumption. Hand calculated it at 10 mpg flat. The cameras at Mackinac Bridge caught us coming across too lol.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could have settled with a clean K1500 instead of wanting a 2500; this truck does not help my 1500 wantsies.

And it really doesn't help that a friend of mine has a Z71 sitting at his shop that he keeps trying to sell me....
Always great to see an update on this truck, what's the next big step for it?

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could have settled with a clean K1500 instead of wanting a 2500; this truck does not help my 1500 wantsies.

And it really doesn't help that a friend of mine has a Z71 sitting at his shop that he keeps trying to sell me....
Always great to see an update on this truck, what's the next big step for it?

It’s my favorite color combination since I barely ever see another like it lol. At the moment, I’m still saving up for the body and paintwork for now. I drive it in the summer and just try to maintain it. I’m looking into buying a 1996-99 Suburban and selling my ‘05 Tahoe since we have another baby on the way.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first real trip I’ve driven the truck on this year. We made a 300 mile trek up to Grand Marais in the U.P. today with some friends to ride the SxS’s. We ended up renting a huge house on the water. The truck did great minus the fuel consumption. Hand calculated it at 10 mpg flat. The cameras at Mackinac Bridge caught us coming across too lol.

Great pics!

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Nothing new to report at the moment. I haven’t driven the truck much since we got back from our trip the U.P. We head up to Silver Lake Sand Dunes next week for our annual week long camping trip. As of right now, the truck is pretty much my go to when I need to pull the trailer.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Time for an update….it’s about time!!

The truck is currently sitting in a storage unit because my SxS is taking up that parking space in my garage. I have all of the money saved up for the body parts and plan on making a trip to Alabama in a few weeks to buy a bed, both front doors, hood, and both front quarter panels…..rust free of course.

The only think that will be original to the truck is the cab lol. I’m taking the truck to a body shop this week to talk with one of the guys there to get an idea on cost. He did the bodywork on a buddy’s truck and it looks amazing. He also has an OBS that looks awesome, I’ll post a photo.

The truck was on the back burner because of kids and life, but the wife has been bugging me to jump back at it so I plan on it with full force. Original plans on the look I’m going for has changed, but regardless I’m going to enjoy it.

Anyhow, we just took our yearly trip to Silver Lake, but this year we had a new tow pig. We bought this ‘21 SRT Durango a few months back with only 3,600 miles and sold her 2015 Grand Cherokee. It tows like an absolute dream!!

The body guy’s ‘94