Cv axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm new to the lifted truck scene and have recently picked up a 97 2500 with a 6 inch lift and was wondering where's the best place to buy new cv axles. I have checked my local auto stores and the cv axles they have don't bolt up I'm pretty sure it has the stock axle

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Rock Auto. I bought a new GM remanufactured axle for my 94 1500 from their site.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the lifted truck scene and have recently picked up a 97 2500
WHICH 2500? 6-lug or 8-lug?

the cv axles they have don't bolt up I'm pretty sure it has the stock axle
I'm thinking the CV shafts have the same number of bolts at the flange as the wheels--6-lug axles have six bolts to the differential flange, 8-lug axles have eight bolts to the flange.

Am I wrong?

Is there some other reason they don't fit?

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
WHICH 2500? 6-lug or 8-lug?

I'm thinking the CV shafts have the same number of bolts at the flange as the wheels--6-lug axles have six bolts to the differential flange, 8-lug axles have eight bolts to the flange.

Am I wrong?

Is there some other reason they don't fit?

I should have specified this ^^^ 6-8 lug

As for the flange bolts Im not quite sure either. sounds about right

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
All cv axles for these trucks have 6 bolt flanges,the 8 lugger axle has a slightly larger axle diameter than the 6 lug 2500 and the 6 lug 1500(2500 & 1500 6 lugs use the same axle).

So,which do you have? 6 or 8 lug wheels?