cut coils now rubs braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to move the wheel back n forth up n down, only movement was the pass side upper, I replaced that. Just had alignment done on it n any abnormal wear would have been noticed. As of now only free play in wheel is rubber disc thingy on steering shaft. It didn’t rub much, but just pissed me off cause fix one thing and another pops up. Took caliper off n now need brakes lol

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got new pads but wouldn't go on. The sliders are rusted in the bores on the caliper. ****** great, now need new calipers. I sprayed em with penetrant so maybe they break loose. On a side note tho, at the parts store had the guy look up calipers, said the Police Tahoe and 1 tons were the same thing. So, if I do need calipers, then know what to get....

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good friend of mine does alignments, if there was something wrong he would tell me. he told me bout the rag joint, I didn't even notice it...

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put new calipers and pads on, which are for a PPV tahoe, which is the same as a 1 ton. I took the pass side rotor off, and noticed it was rubbing on the dust shield, cause it was slightly loose. Even with the wheel on, couldn't really feel it was loose. But after tightening it up, quick drive and it's back to normal, no noises or anything. Also, brakes are friggin' awesome now!!! Could be the old brakes were bout done, and the sliders were froze. Since the fronts work now, I can actually do a line lock now lol. And it leaves two patches, makes me wonder if theres a posi, and not the grenade lock...