Custom made shop tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yep I think you did alright on that purchase lol

Pipe Jack stands from northern tool
WoW!! I wish the rest of the pieces of em were on the flat bed, but that's prolly why they were at the recycler. I will make my own adjustable tops. Good score though.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's one too many zeroes on the end of that load rating.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I sold my dodge dakota scrap trailer to a guy the other day. I took it to the scrap yard first to unload it of the mountains of scrap metal, and make some cash before selling it. Anyhoo, while i was there, there was a flat bed truck full of these tall "jack stands" for lack of a better word. The tops were missing, but I plan to make my own adjustable tops with hitch pins. These say on them that they are rated for 2,500 lbs each. Not sure what these were for, but I know what I'm gonna make em into. I made $60 off the scrap, gave $30 back to the junk man and went home with 4 of em in the back of my 94. I scored on this I think. Theres still like 2 dozen of these piled up on there.
Those are definitely pipe stands. Used for welding sections of pipe together, usually used on industrial sites. They can be deadly. I have been onsite when large sections,called spools fell off the stands due to the stands falling over. They can't take much lateral movement. So PLEASE don't use them to hold up any serious weight.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are definitely pipe stands. Used for welding sections of pipe together, usually used on industrial sites. They can be deadly. I have been onsite when large sections,called spools fell off the stands due to the stands falling over. They can't take much lateral movement. So PLEASE don't use them to hold up any serious weight.
Only plan on using them for bare body shells of project cars.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Threw this setup together fairly quick, to help with the transmission swap.

Took the pad off the jack, then drilled and tapped two holes in the bracket that the pad attaches to.

Bolted the bottom piece of 3/4" plywood to the jack, then screwed each additional piece to the one before it. The top board has 3" screws, going through all the boards.

Worked like a charm, and was very stable.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I made this little shelf dealie out of a couple 2x4 scraps and some scrap plywood. Helps with floor space.