Custom Dash / Accessories - 3D Printed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's perfect. Straight up perfect!

You must be registered for see images attach

Almost kinda wish I'd have asked for the inlay on the outside instead but this is just too cool lol.

Now that is awesome.... I love it

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's perfect. Straight up perfect!

Almost kinda wish I'd have asked for the inlay on the outside instead but this is just too cool lol.

Beautiful - absolutely stoked! Best part of this whole thing is helping the community with their projects :cheers:

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We could absolutely produce that. I'll talk to the team and see if we can get a initial estimate on cost

EDIT: Last week two of our guys were taking a break from work and I wasn't able to bring up the door panel. On my 93 suburban the panel is not louvered/vented, but a solid panel. Anyone know if the dimensions are the same, or if there are different variations between models on these?

Last edited:

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know what your print bed size is, but do you think you could print some center caps for Hummer H2 wheels that would fit over the hubs on the rear axles? I have seen quite a few people have used H2 wheels and other center caps. That works but still has the ridge where the original covers would go. I can provide all measurements and possibly even a sketchup of that section of the wheel.

Just saw your bed size and I believe this would be within the ranges.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Have y'all ever considered making the stands that hold the inner end of the sun visor in place on the 95 up interior? You know, the things that break if you push on them too hard trying to move the visor, and are hard to find unbroken ones in the yards..... thanks in advance!

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have y'all ever considered making the stands that hold the inner end of the sun visor in place on the 95 up interior? You know, the things that break if you push on them too hard trying to move the visor, and are hard to find unbroken ones in the yards..... thanks in advance!

Are people really looking for these?
I've never paid much mind to them @ the yards as I've never had a problem w/ them.
What's a reasonable shipped priced for a pair?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Are people really looking for these?
I've never paid much mind to them @ the yards as I've never had a problem w/ them.
What's a reasonable shipped priced for a pair?
I don't know! I've grabbed some at the yards years ago, but I was thinking about these yesterday ( trying to show my mom the proper way to pop the visor out of the clip so it doesn't break). I probably paid a buck apiece for them, back then. If they didn't go out in my pocket that is, some small things did!
Maybe in some areas these don't break, but in Texas heat, plastic stuff doesn't last too long as it dries out and becomes brittle. Lean on it too much, and SNAP CRACKLE POP(and it's not breakfast time either lol).
It seems like to me if they could be made out of a softer type of plastic, maybe more like a semi stiff vinyl instead of a hard plastic like ABS or styrene, that would be better. The little hook needs to flex so it doesn't break off.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Maybe if there was some residual stress from the molding process boiling might relieve some of that (sort of a mock annealing) but I'm not well versed on that aspect of polymer materials science... Our parts can be dyed using a similar chemical process, but we haven't tested if it offers an increase in strength.

We usually don't like to thread the plastic itself due to stretch and wear on the female threads. Inserts usually are better as a long term use product, and dimensions of the supporting material can be adjusted for strength as required
The threads aren't really needed. Gravity will keep the pins in place just fine.