Custom Dash / Accessories - 3D Printed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont recall it being mentioned, but what about a 95+ cd slave/cubby delete blank.

The front would flat so that the buyer can mount switches if they like. The sides would have the stock mounting style, enough top&bottom to make it rigid.

Not sure on what the interest would be?

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just finished a design for a perpendicular mount USB outlet that will still clear the doors. Instead of using the cylindrical gauges, this style uses the rectangle style USB outlets (example attached).

You must be registered for see images attach

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't seen those, any pics of what part you're referring to?

These brackets have been discontinued since Aprl 2009. As far as I can tell, nobody has reproduced these since 2014.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a rear tail gate cover behind the handle with backup camera to connect to double Din with backup camper option

I looked around & didn't notice anyone making/selling a gmt400 tailgate handle bezel w/ a camera.

I have a Suburban & can't verify the info myself.
Someone would need to verify the spacing behind the bezel for interference. ie: tailgate handle assembly, the rods & whatnot. If the space exists, then maybe get ahold of a gmt800 or gmt900 camera bezel, cut the camera section out, graft it to the gmt400 bezel. Verify fitment. If it fits well, scan, 3D print& make money.

Gmt800 is flush mounted center under the handle.
Gmt900 is driver side mounted & protrudes outward.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked around & didn't notice anyone making/selling a gmt400 tailgate handle bezel w/ a camera.

I have a Suburban & can't verify the info myself.
Someone would need to verify the spacing behind the bezel for interference. ie: tailgate handle assembly, the rods & whatnot. If the space exists, then maybe get ahold of a gmt800 or gmt900 camera bezel, cut the camera section out, graft it to the gmt400 bezel. Verify fitment. If it fits well, scan, 3D print& make money.

Gmt800 is flush mounted center under the handle.
Gmt900 is driver side mounted & protrudes outward.

I only have a suburban as well so I can't verify either. I may look around here to see if any yards have a good example I can use for templates and measuring. Thanks for helping out.

Here's an installed pic of a painted gauge pod in my 93. Nice to have a accurate volt meter, though I might switch to AFR in the future.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for helping out.

Your welcome.

I get all kinds of ideas. Problem is that most of the time I dont have the means, time or knowledge to follow through.

People can be like, hey I never thought of that & snag or modify the idea for themselves & that's ok.

When your ready to branch out into other vehicles, I have a bunch more ideas. ie: discontinued parts, modified stock parts.
I know a couple that I would like for my 08 Sierra.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your welcome.

When your ready to branch out into other vehicles, I have a bunch more ideas. ie: discontinued parts, modified stock parts.
I know a couple that I would like for my 08 Sierra.

Always ready to branch out. I know a few guys with Chevelles, GTOs, and S10s that we are brainstorming for, but also ready to help out GMT800/900 communities too. This is a fun project for us where we can be creative and also provide useful products for guys like us.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Since there is only about 1.5" of room behind the ash tray, a flush mount USB charger wasn't an option (the measurements mars2878 sent showed about a 2" OAL length). I wanted to give you guys the option to buy whatever USB outlet style you wanted, and leave room behind it for wiring, etc. In this second iteration, I angled the port 45 degrees which bought a lot more room. At it's furthest corner, it only extends out 1" from flush with the door panel.

I LIKE that one!