Custom Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While the van is down waiting for a new radiator. It is time to finally get the Kodiak K&N figured out and customized to fit. It needs a little trimming especially near the grille end but the massive filter clears well. The heatshield under the filter clears the fan shroud well but the front needs some trimming. That Kodiak 6.6L diesel filter is a monster and it is 6 ply for added filtration. With over 1 lb of dirt in it the filter still outflows the K&N drop in filter for a 2001+ van.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. Does this receive cold air straight from the cowl area or the hood itself?

Keep us posted with the results. That thing is massive!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. Does this receive cold air straight from the cowl area or the hood itself?

Keep us posted with the results. That thing is massive!
Neither yet, but I am planning something for that. My intent is a pair of scoops on the hood. One aestetic and one functional. After seeing my intake temps hovering at 160+ driving around town the stock GM setup is terrible. Its supposed to pull air from the small gap between the hood and grille but it is not sealed to anything and idling around at slow speeds pulls hot underhood air.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Neither yet, but I am planning something for that. My intent is a pair of scoops on the hood. One aestetic and one functional. After seeing my intake temps hovering at 160+ driving around town the stock GM setup is terrible. Its supposed to pull air from the small gap between the hood and grille but it is not sealed to anything and idling around at slow speeds pulls hot underhood air.

160+?! You're approaching my boosted IATs.