Cubby hole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution? I would like to do the same, 97’ k1500 SLE.

On my 99 Suburban, I just yanked the bulb when I swapped out the clusters.
Here in MA, once it 20yrs old, it only has to pass safely inspection. Because the cubby is a factory part, they dont question the part about the bag being missing, most people wouldn't know its missing unless you tell them.

Jd1996

Reaction score
How would one go about getting their hands on one of these; and would a swap from one that has those face passenger side cup holders to the cubby hole be a hard switch?

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
How would one go about getting their hands on one of these; and would a swap from one that has those face passenger side cup holders to the cubby hole be a hard switch?

Your beat bet if u have the 95-96 dash with cupholders is to hit up marketplace, Craigslist or a junkyard n swap entire dash. Takes a lil time but isnt horrible. If u have airbag dash theres bolts that hold it in.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your beat bet if u have the 95-96 dash with cupholders is to hit up marketplace, Craigslist or a junkyard n swap entire dash. Takes a lil time but isnt horrible. If u have airbag dash theres bolts that hold it in.

if you swap dashes, you will also need to swap the upper dash vent diffuser. it is shaped to go w/ the dash.