Cs130 alt to ad244 swap tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
get the belt for factory ho alt. also both conectors at metra pack 150 so you can just swap the pins and not have to do any splicing.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Did this swap this past weekend, easy as pie. Soldered in a new harness to the L wire, ran the blue sense wire to the output, then replaced all my power and ground cables with 2/0 welding cable. Used the beltr for a factory installed HO alternator, 5060968. Ran both heaters on high with the headlights on, 80amps draw @ 14.5vDC @ idle. Sweet.

Do you have a picture of the wiring by any chance? And what is the purpose to wire in the sense wire?

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I dont have any of this finished product, but I can tell you my factory brown wire is the one I soldered to the AD244 Harness yellow wire. Sense wire helps keep voltage steady.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Excellent mod. I thought about just upgrading to a CS130D, but this appears to be better yet! Thanks.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I dont have any of this finished product, but I can tell you my factory brown wire is the one I soldered to the AD244 Harness yellow wire. Sense wire helps keep voltage steady.

Thanks

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Also did the swap this past weekend. I wired the sense wire to the junction block on the firewall and made a new alternator bracket to hold the alternator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been over a year with this mod and i am still in love with the large case alternator!!!

snyderman5

Reaction score
Just did this last night. Now i just need to upgrade my wiring and finally install my efan.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Excellent write-up; y'all just be REAL careful drilling out that hole. The cast aluminum bracket is CRAZY easy to break! If you go sideways with the bit or force anything, it's history.

Richard

snyderman5

Reaction score
That's a good warning. I just used the hole on the alternator to guide me. Had to remove the air cleaner to get access to drill out from behind though