Cruise control with Holley sniper/carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you need the ECM for cruise, I thing it wasn't until 96+ that the VSS went to the ECM which, in turn, controls the speedometer, and cruise inputs. But 95 was a weird year, YMMV.
95 certainly was a weird year. I love it in some ways but hate it in others lol. I’ll just have to see what happens

Alanjmt

Reaction score
This is exactly the thread I am searching for. My 88 K1500 is new front to back but was in good shape before (i.e. wiring, etc) but I am SO over the TBI and stock dist. (5.7, SM 465, ) It actually runs ok but my sister borrowed it to pick up trees and it shut of in the middle of the interstate. Dead. Cooled down for a while and now it decides to run. That is divorce by my rules. But I like the truck. It will get a sniper and a new elec dist and disconnect the ECM. Hopefully my cruise will still work…will let you know; Ordering parts!

Attachments

• F6530905-4565-44CA-AF5F-7BA9CA36179D.jpeg
    F6530905-4565-44CA-AF5F-7BA9CA36179D.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 1

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 95 may have the stand alone DRAC,its will be a little white box behind the the glove box. If you do have the DRAC the only thing you may have to do is ground the black with white wire after removing the original PCM.
If not then you will have to get one and wire it in.
Here is some good information on DRAC's with the broadcast codes,

You will have to do a little math or research to figure out what code is needed for your gear ratio and tire size.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Sniper isn't a fix for not being able to diagnose the TBI. It comes with its own set of issues. The only reason I went Sniper was because the TBI couldn't support my cam.

If you're dead set on it, get the GM metric-to-AN adapters for the fuel lines and absolutely get the extended throttle arm. You'll also need a throttle cable bracket. Swap out the barely adequate TBI fuel pump for a Vortec fuel pump. When you go to run the plug for the handheld into the cab, you're either going to need to make a good sized hole, or you'll have to de-pin the connector and re-pin it afterwards.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if your truck is shutting down when hot, check to make sure there's thermal paste under your ignition module in the distributor.