Cruise Control Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 C3500 CC LB SRW 7.4. My cruise started acting up. It would disengage and could not reset for a while. Then it would work again. Got 2 CC units from the pick & pull but the throttle cable was shorter and could not figure out how to remove it. Discovered that all I needed to do was just remove the circuit board from the bad one and replace it with the salvaged one. No need to remove the whole unit. Had no issue removing the cover. Had replaced the brake light switch for some other reason and was out running errands and started to leave and I could not get shifter out of park. Lucky for me I still had old switch in truck and reinstalled it and made it home. Returned new one. I tried floating the solder joints on the board but no luck. I paid $20 for the 2 I got form the pick & pull. Better that $300+ from Amazon.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The cable comes out pretty easy: you push the 2 tangs together to slide the cable out of the housing, then flip the cable out of the unit. But swapping boards out is plenty easy too once you know how to pull on it.