Cruise control, GEN 4 LS swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the info I got from spanky's road shop, seems like they know what they are talking about and everything can look oem but here is what he said:

Hey Rick,
The system required for your setup is standalone: it comes with its own
module and interfaces with your pedal plug. I am assuming you have an
existing cruise switch on the turn signal lever for that truck that you
would like to use? If this is the case, the system will run $519 setup fo=
r
your switch. I will need some additional info as well: what trans, are yo=
u
using LED taillights, what ECM (ex. E38, E67), what platform is in the
ECM(ex. 2009 corvette, 2008 truck, 2010 Camaro, etc.). If you have any
additional questions, or would like me to process an order feel free to
contact me via my cell phone or email.
Thanks.

I'll probably end up purchasing it before July as I want this truck to be very drive able for road trips, and I plan on going on one in July.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
My buddy got me thinking about this again and there is a lot more info on it now. What I've found is the Dakota Digital CRC-2000 can be made to work and use the GMT factory cruise stalk. Once I get it wired and working for real instead of theoretically I'll post more.

John White

Reaction score
My coworker found this http://www.hotrodlane.cc/newproducts2252014.html I called for a price and was told $350. I was trying to get some technical info but the guy told me I'd have to call back and speak with a technician. I haven't called back.
Thanks Knuckle Dragger. I am trying to figure out the same. 93 GMC with a 2004 LQ9. Trying to get cruise working using factory parts as best I can. Keep us updated.

sledog

Reaction score
I wonder if one could use a Rostra cruise module for a gen 4 truck and try to adapt the factory GMT400 switch to it?

Part number Rostra 250-9617

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I wonder if one could use a Rostra cruise module for a gen 4 truck and try to adapt the factory GMT400 switch to it?

Part number Rostra 250-9617
I spoke with a tech at Rostra and his suggestion was to use the Dakota Digital unit. He said that Dakota did the all the design work on the universal system and they would be able to help with any tech issues where you would be on your own using his stuff and making it work.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Cruise is in. I had to use the SGI-100BT to convert the signal off the VSS buffer/DRAC red/white cruise output. The 100BT converted the 2K ppm to 4k ppm. I was unable to get it to work pulling the 4k ppm off the LT blue/black wire on the DRAC. It might have worked with a pull up resister but I already had the 100BT in and working.

IMO the manual for the CRC-2000 leaves a lot to be desired. The install text, pictures and the troubleshooting section are different in regard to the light side (white/brown) of the brake switch. Ignore the relay diagram and read the troubleshooting tips the figure out what they want. The tech and Dakota Digital really have no clue how it works. All they did for me was read the crappy manual back to me. I could go on and on about them. They were however extremely helpful with getting the 100BT set up. Good attitude every time they just didn't know the product that well which was disappointing but understandable since they didn't design it, it's just repackaged Rostra stuff.

I'll add more of my take on it once I have more time with it. Right now, it works.

Credit where credit is due, this post was extremely helpful to me. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/1992-1994-vss-information-cummins-swap.40628/#post-992196

John White

Reaction score
Cruise is in. I had to use the SGI-100BT to convert the signal off the VSS buffer/DRAC red/white cruise output. The 100BT converted the 2K ppm to 4k ppm. I was unable to get it to work pulling the 4k ppm off the LT blue/black wire on the DRAC. It might have worked with a pull up resister but I already had the 100BT in and working.

IMO the manual for the CRC-2000 leaves a lot to be desired. The install text, pictures and the troubleshooting section are different in regard to the light side (white/brown) of the brake switch. Ignore the relay diagram and read the troubleshooting tips the figure out what they want. The tech and Dakota Digital really have no clue how it works. All they did for me was read the crappy manual back to me. I could go on and on about them. They were however extremely helpful with getting the 100BT set up. Good attitude every time they just didn't know the product that well which was disappointing but understandable since they didn't design it, it's just repackaged Rostra stuff.

I'll add more of my take on it once I have more time with it. Right now, it works.

Credit where credit is due, this post was extremely helpful to me. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/1992-1994-vss-information-cummins-swap.40628/#post-99219
What did you end up ordering for parts?