Cruise control, GEN 4 LS swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another wiring question, I've searched around for this and been on ls1truck. I'm looking for some pictures and solid information, I ordered a GEN 4 Standalone Harness DBW aswell. Can I adapt this to my current cruise control module?

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Yes you can. The wire colors from the cruise module mounted on the firewall will match the wire colors on the TAC module that will mount in the same location as the cruise. At least thats how my GEN 3 matched up. What are you working with> Year truck and motor? I can look it up on alldata for you.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Yes you can. The wire colors from the cruise module mounted on the firewall will match the wire colors on the TAC module that will mount in the same location as the cruise. At least thats how my GEN 3 matched up. What are you working with> Year truck and motor? I can look it up on alldata for you.

Gen 4 stuff doesn't use a TAC. I've looked and looked and this is the only place I have found with Gen 4 cruise set up and they don't list the price online. http://spankysrodshop.net/. If you find another st up I'd be interested in hearing about it. If you call Sparky's and get a price I'm interested to see how bad that hurts too. I haven't worked up the nerve to call yet :eek:

IMO Gen 4 stuff is a huge PITA to deal with. I'll go back to the Gen 3 stuff if I do another swap.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I just looked at alldata and I see what your saying. The cruise controls run through the BCM on the GEN 4 setup.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a 2007 suburban engine (ly6), with a ctsv t56. This is what my harness maker said, "On gen4 you need the body control module from the donor vehicle to retain cruise." But we have the cruise control module already.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also can't get on spankys rod shop, can you? Maybe it's my internet on my phone or something?

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
There is no cruise control module on a 2007 Suburban. Can you post a picture of the module you're talking about? I read one thread where a guy was going to try and incorporate the BCM into the swap. It looks like a lot of work. Gm isn't exactly forthcoming with exactly how they signals come into and leave the BCM. The schematics don't tell the whole story. Lots of duty cycle stuff that isn't clearly defined. Lots of miss information on the net too. Lots of guys assume when you talk LS swap everything is gen 3.

The Sparky's link works on my end.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is no cruise control module on a 2007 Suburban. Can you post a picture of the module you're talking about? I read one thread where a guy was going to try and incorporate the BCM into the swap. It looks like a lot of work. Gm isn't exactly forthcoming with exactly how they signals come into and leave the BCM. The schematics don't tell the whole story. Lots of duty cycle stuff that isn't clearly defined. Lots of miss information on the net too. Lots of guys assume when you talk LS swap everything is gen 3.

The Sparky's link works on my end.

I wonder if its an American site that's why I can't see it. I'm talking about our cruise control module in our trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT: Works on my work computer

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The original module will not help you at all, everything has changed with the swap.

Ugh, looks like all be giving spankysrodshop a call.

Cruise Control: Because I am running a Gen IV engine, the GM cruise control cannot be easily adapted (it's in the BCM, and not the ECM as with earlier LS series engines). I went with a system from Spanky's Rod Shop (http://www.spankysrodshop.net/ ) which interrupts the circuit between the gas pedal and ECM to implement its functions. Apparently it can be programmed to work with any cruise control buttons, so I had them program it to work with the factory Jeep/GM column switch.

Researched it out a bit and found this^ seems fairly simple, really hoping its a simple price too.

Last edited: