Cruise control connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
No cruise control when my rig was purchased, and the orange connector shown in the picture was disconnected. I had to replace the steering column, and I have the same connector coming from the multifunction switch. If anyone can point out where this orange connector with black wire goes, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• gm car turn signal lever.jpg
    gm car turn signal lever.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 6

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No cruise control when my rig was purchased,

You mean it is inop, or you mean it was never equipped with CC?

and the orange connector shown in the picture was disconnected.

See above response.

I had to replace the steering column, and I have the same connector coming from the multifunction switch. If anyone can point out where this orange connector with black wire goes, I would greatly appreciate it.

Itll be under there, a 1/8" thick, single wire, if equipped.

Reaction score
It has cruse control, but it is inoperative. I see the orange connector, with what looks like a split male terminal, one has a notch in the end, like the photo. I can't find for the life of me where this connects to. Schematics are of no help that I could find online. The factory service manual links don't work. Most mysterious connector I have searched for the answer to ever. I may have to go to the boneyard and take a photo of the connector connected to whatever it may be connected to.

Reaction score
OK. I managed to scour the interwebs and found something that mentions the multi-function switch with cruise. Knowing there at least a few threads on this forum asking where that connector plugs into, I decided to share a picture for everyone in the community. I hope this post brings peace and enlightenment to everyone, as well as fully functional cruise control, or at least continuing with cruise control diagnostics. It's fairly challenging to figure this out as the connector doesn't look like it will plug in, it does, and it fits in only one way. The connector is clipped up near the steering wheel (or should be) onto the steel frame where the steering wheel and dash are fastened to. The grey wire visible on the connector, is the grey wire corresponding to GM truck wiring diagrams.
You must be registered for see images attach