Cruise control cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNorton

Reaction score
I have a 1994 GMC C1500 Pickup. Trying to get the cruise control functioning. The cable is connected to the carburetor ( it was swapped before I purchased) but on the control module end there is nothing on the cable end. The module appears to have a flexible tape with a loop in it the I assume is supposed to connect to something on the end of the cable. I don’t see anything there. I guess I must just need a new cable and maybe control box? How do the two connect?

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you disconnect the cable from the carb you should be able to push the cable back through the sheath; there is a metal ball on the end that you can put in the loop in the strap strap after which the cable should push and lock in to the box. If it’s broken you’ll have to get a new cable

MNorton

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I took the cable off the carb as you said and was able to pull the cable out and attach it to the control module! Now I just need to test it! Thanks! You can always learn something on this site!